cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fraud at O2 - Disconnection Charges

Anonymous
Not applicable

Around a month ago I received a "Disconnection Charge" of around £470 for a device that I paid off at O2 , on the day that the bill came out a phoned customer services to have the error corrected. They advised it would be sorted and I should hear back in 3 days. Rinse repeat a further 3 times. 9 days passed so I resorted to the webchat , 3 times I have been told the issue will be resolved until today where I was told no form has been submitted by O2.

The result is I am going to be charged £470 from O2 and I am now going to have a nightmare time to claim it back, if O2 know that the money is not due and they take the sum after having 30 days to resolve it, surely this is fraud?

I am reluctant to cancel my direct debit as this will result negatively in my credit history as it will go down as a non-payment.

First time using O2 and to be miss-lead and lied to by some many customer service people has put me off using them for life. Let me know if you would like to see the chat logs.

Extracts from chat logs 1st Chat PARAS: The contract has been disconnected on the 29/10/2016. PARAS: It'll be resolved on the 11/11/2016. PARAS: I hope I was quick? RYAN FINN: it was. Thanks have a good day. PARAS: Is there anything else I can help you with? RYAN FINN: No that is all. PARAS: Take care & have a lovely week ahead. 2nd Chat Nov 23 2016, 09:46:31 AM GEORGE: I've checked your account and can see that, we've sorted this from our side , so this will be removed from your account within 1-3 working days, and trust me it won't impact on your credit scores as you've paid off the phone amount. 3rd Chat NAUSH: I have taken your request and forwarded to our relevant team. They will get back to you within 3 working days with the refund details. A phone call confirmed that at no point was a refund actioned by O2.

Thanks

Message 1 of 24
23 REPLIES 23

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 145040 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27831 Solutions
Good luck as I fear you will be needing it!
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 11 of 24

Cleoriff
  • 123369 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7476 Solutions

In my opinion it doesn't matter whether this company is better or worse than anyone else. Fact remains one customer has come here after spending hours of his life trying to sort out something that should never have happened in the first place.

The forum sees many such complaints from customers and hopefully we should all be helping with constructive advice and support. 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 12 of 24

MI5
  • 145040 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27831 Solutions

Completely agree @Cleoriff

As someone like yourself who is a regular on here, we see far too many issues with inadequate CS, computer glitches and general apathy all round.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 13 of 24

jonsie
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

I agree up to a point, I have had great customer service in the past and only a few days ago got an issue resolved via chat.

However, a company lives or dies by it's reputation and there have been so many instances where customers have been unable to get their problems addressed. A computer system is no good when it's either been programmed wrongly or incompetent people haven't followed procedure or not input the relevant information.

This is what happens to big companies when they down size, cut staff, close call centres and outsource to Capita where all too often training is lacking to say the least and staff turnover at these places is always going to be high.

Message 14 of 24

Cleoriff
  • 123369 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7476 Solutions

I have also had great customer service on the very rare occasions I needed to contact them. (However, most people know if I have issues I come here first)

I just know from my 3 years posting on this forum people are having more and more problems with O2.

Whether it's the systems, training (or lack of) or service reps...we are seeing more and more complaints. We have also heard from a few people that CS are directing customers to the forum...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 15 of 24

Anonymous
Not applicable
The latest update is as follows. O2 removed the £470 money from my account , I then claimed this money back from my bank. O2 are now hitting me with emails regarding late payment charges.
I worry that this is going to cost me a fortune in the future due to the damage to my credit history if it say stops me getting a mortgage.
I have spoken to customer services and they believe the matter is resolved but I am not convinced. I also raised a complaints using the Complaint review service but I have not yet had a response from them.
This company is impossible to deal with as they wont let me talk to someone who can resolve the problem!
Message 16 of 24

jonsie
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

That I'm afraid is the crux of the matter, actually getting someone who can sort out the issue rather than passing it through various people and departments. I do indeed hope it is resolved for you.

Message 17 of 24

MI5
  • 145040 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27831 Solutions
Keep an eye on your credit rating to see if any defaults show up from o2 too.

Currently using:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 18 of 24

Cleoriff
  • 123369 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7476 Solutions

Just wonder if @Toby can help in this instance? If @Anonymous is having credit rating problems through no fault of his own then urgent intervention is needed

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 19 of 24

Anonymous
Not applicable

You've definitely taken the smart approach by going via the Complaints area.  I raised an issue I've had with them on Friday, had an e-mail to request additional information and then a phone call from someone yesterday.

Sadly you'll probably need to keep chasing them until it's cleared as that's where I've personally fallen foul.  Repeatedly told on web chats and even the phone that I had no debt only to then end up receiving a letter from a debt collection agency.

Message 20 of 24