cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fraud at O2 - Disconnection Charges

Anonymous
Not applicable

Around a month ago I received a "Disconnection Charge" of around £470 for a device that I paid off at O2 , on the day that the bill came out a phoned customer services to have the error corrected. They advised it would be sorted and I should hear back in 3 days. Rinse repeat a further 3 times. 9 days passed so I resorted to the webchat , 3 times I have been told the issue will be resolved until today where I was told no form has been submitted by O2.

The result is I am going to be charged £470 from O2 and I am now going to have a nightmare time to claim it back, if O2 know that the money is not due and they take the sum after having 30 days to resolve it, surely this is fraud?

I am reluctant to cancel my direct debit as this will result negatively in my credit history as it will go down as a non-payment.

First time using O2 and to be miss-lead and lied to by some many customer service people has put me off using them for life. Let me know if you would like to see the chat logs.

Extracts from chat logs 1st Chat PARAS: The contract has been disconnected on the 29/10/2016. PARAS: It'll be resolved on the 11/11/2016. PARAS: I hope I was quick? RYAN FINN: it was. Thanks have a good day. PARAS: Is there anything else I can help you with? RYAN FINN: No that is all. PARAS: Take care & have a lovely week ahead. 2nd Chat Nov 23 2016, 09:46:31 AM GEORGE: I've checked your account and can see that, we've sorted this from our side , so this will be removed from your account within 1-3 working days, and trust me it won't impact on your credit scores as you've paid off the phone amount. 3rd Chat NAUSH: I have taken your request and forwarded to our relevant team. They will get back to you within 3 working days with the refund details. A phone call confirmed that at no point was a refund actioned by O2.

Thanks

Message 1 of 24
23 REPLIES 23

Anonymous
Not applicable

Not the fastest solution but i would suggest completing the formal complaints form.

I may also be worth emailing the O2 CEO

Message 2 of 24

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122838 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous What a nightmare for you. I would make a complaint here http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

and you are right not to cancel your direct debit until all this is sorted.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 24

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10143 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3006 Solutions
I'm sorry but where's the fraud?
This just sounds like a human ****** up, and yet again never use live chat for account issues, call customer services,,

What you can do is a Direct Debit Indemnity claim as per the direct debit guarantee:

"If an error is made in the payment of your Direct Debit, by the organisation or your bank or building society, you are entitled to a full and immediate refund of the amount paid from your bank or building society"
"If you receive a refund you are not entitled to, you must pay it back when the organisation asks you to"
- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 4 of 24

Cleoriff
  • 122838 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

Link here to explain the direct debit indemnity claim https://www.directdebit.co.uk/DirectDebitExplained/Pages/DirectDebitGuarantee.aspx

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 24

MI5
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
Yet another example of the woeful CS that o2 think customers should have to put up with these days.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 24

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10143 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3006 Solutions

Is it when this forum is less than 0.001% of o2's customer Base of 29million customers, and given these 0.001% out of thousands of calls a day, puts it into perspective.

Thinks go wrong, that's human nature and life, computers say no or get confused.. o2 is no better or worse than any telco or any large organisations, a lot of which outsource Cs to  BPO's like capita.. 

Whenever I  ring o2 I have been dealt with quickly and professionally by all I've encountered, and that's from my own personal devices to the large number of enterprise devices we have with o2

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 7 of 24

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

@madasaf1sh wrote:

Is it when this forum is less than 0.001% of o2's customer Base of 29million customers, and given these 0.001% out of thousands of calls a day, puts it into perspective.

Thinks go wrong, that's human nature and life, computers say no or get confused.. o2 is no better or worse than any telco or any large organisations, a lot of which outsource Cs to  BPO's like capita.. 

Whenever I  ring o2 I have been dealt with quickly and professionally by all I've encountered, and that's from my own personal devices to the large number of enterprise devices we have with o2

O2 outsource consumer ciustomer Service and complaint review to Capita and have done for the last few years http://www.capita.com/news/news/2013/capita-signs-contract-with-o2/

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 8 of 24

MI5
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions

and it's been in decline ever since, and that's based on much more that 1 persons perception.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 9 of 24

Anonymous
Not applicable

Done. Thanks

I just want my account sorted and to be honest I am annoyed at the hours i have already wasted trying to put this right.

Its times like this when you really value companies that make CS an important part of their business model. Lesson learned.

I feel pretty embarrassed as I had already recommended O2 to my mother and a friend.

Live , learn and I will move on once its put right. I will post the resolution once its resolved.

Message 10 of 24