Did you mean: 

Fraud Case

DavidH4
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi,

I'm waiting for the fraud department to come back to me on my case...long story but ultimately the first payment of around £75 is due on the 4th of April and I have no confidence that this will be resolved without the help of community/ o2 staff that actually care so hoping someone can help?

@O2Dan @O2Ben ?

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93248 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6980 Solutions

No community staff on here until 2nd July

You need to persevere with customer service I'm afraid

We’re just customers like you but it sounds like you’ll need someone to access your account which can’t be done from here. If you message O2 using the links below, they should be able to help you with this
or give them a call on 202  or 0344 809 0202

Message 2 of 8

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144410 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions

@DavidH4 

No O2 staff here anymore, sorry.

You need to wait for fraud to conclude the case and get back to you.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 8

DavidH4
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

appreciate the response but I have gone round and round with CS being transferred countless times and they tell you you can not contact the fraud department directly.

If anyone from O2 support can pick this up and contact me it would be greatly appreciated.

Message 4 of 8

DavidH4
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

oh so they gave up helping out on there own community forum? Sounds just like O2 to be fair....

Thanks!

Message 5 of 8

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23093 Posts
  • 1026 Topics
  • 3676 Solutions

We were very disappointed to lose the ability to contact O2 advisors directly, @DavidH4.

Bottom line is it's patently evident that O2 just doesn't care about their customers. It's all about the money.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 6 of 8

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10181 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3012 Solutions

@DavidH4 

There are legal frameworks that kick in when fraud is reported which means CS cant legally tell you anything, as you could be complicit in the fraud.. All you can do is wait for them to conclude their investigations, and if need be it will be passed to the police to deal with..

Eve n if there was still staff on this forum they would be in the same boat....

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 7 of 8

Oxonian
Level 28: Ingenious
  • 5688 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 21 Solutions

@DavidH4 

Just to add to the thoughts of @madasaf1sh, we all have huge sympathy for your predicament.

However, it is probably worth mentioning that O2 might be unable to give you an update whilst their investigation is ongoing. They have to comply with both criminal law and Money Laundering Regulations and this could be jeopardised if they update you whilst their case is incomplete. It is also possible that your case has been subsumed into a wider investigation if the same fraudster has other "victims" in addition to you.

If you search this forum, you will find links from last Autumn to a number of articles that appeared in national newspapers and to a TV programme that featured fraud against O2. 

I would keep pushing O2 about this, at least so they do not forget about you !

Please keep us informed of developments.

Message 8 of 8