Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First monthly payment

Mr_joshua
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hey! So I’m thinking of getting a new phone however I just want to ask do you need to pay the first monthly bill straight away? Or the month after you first get the phone?

thank you in advance 

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cleoriff
  • 122353 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Mr_joshua 

No, you would pay the upfront cost and then your first bill will go as follows ...

You’ll get your first bill within four days of joining O2, and you’ll be charged 14 days after you receive it. Your official billing date is usually the date you joined us, and it will be the same every month.

If you joined us on the 29th, 30th or 31st of the month, your official billing date will be the 1st of the following month. Your first bill will be pro rata, which means that we’ll charge you for one full month’s airtime, as well as any airtime you use in those first few days before your billing cycle starts.

If you’ve upgraded your device, your billing date will stay the same.

Your next bill will be pro rata and might include a charge from your old tariff or Airtime Plan. If you're on O2 Refresh we split your bill in two, so you’ll see two payments each month:

https://www.o2.co.uk/help/account-and-billing/your-bill 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122353 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Mr_joshua 

You pay a month in advance for your device and airtime.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 6

Mr_joshua
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

So, if the upfront payment was £20 and the monthly was £50 then I’ll have to pay £70 right their and then? I’m very new to all this so it’s a bit confusing haha

Message 3 of 6

Cleoriff
  • 122353 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Mr_joshua 

No, you would pay the upfront cost and then your first bill will go as follows ...

You’ll get your first bill within four days of joining O2, and you’ll be charged 14 days after you receive it. Your official billing date is usually the date you joined us, and it will be the same every month.

If you joined us on the 29th, 30th or 31st of the month, your official billing date will be the 1st of the following month. Your first bill will be pro rata, which means that we’ll charge you for one full month’s airtime, as well as any airtime you use in those first few days before your billing cycle starts.

If you’ve upgraded your device, your billing date will stay the same.

Your next bill will be pro rata and might include a charge from your old tariff or Airtime Plan. If you're on O2 Refresh we split your bill in two, so you’ll see two payments each month:

https://www.o2.co.uk/help/account-and-billing/your-bill 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 6

Mr_joshua
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

So the first 50 will come out 14 days after I pay the upfront payment? 

Message 5 of 6

Cleoriff
  • 122353 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Yes it will @Mr_joshua 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 6