Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancel my plan and continue to pay my device

Welshmale2020
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Need help I want to cancel my sim plan had for 2 years now but my contract states to do this I would need to pay off the remainder of my device which is 11 months , with cost living rising I can't afford both so want to some how cancel my sim but continue to pay for my device,  as can't do both any one know if this is possible 

Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35218 Posts
  • 224 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions

You need a SIM to make calls, and the Device can only be zeroed by paying off early. Sounds like you got a 36month Refresh contract. You may be able to select a lower tariff, but will not be able to get rid of it completely while you still owe on your Device Plan.

Guide: How does O2 Refresh work? 

Try calling O2, links to Social Media below, or numbers in here: Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support - Payment Management may be able to help if you are having difficulties paying. Good luck.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

pgn
  • 35218 Posts
  • 224 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions

You need a SIM to make calls, and the Device can only be zeroed by paying off early. Sounds like you got a 36month Refresh contract. You may be able to select a lower tariff, but will not be able to get rid of it completely while you still owe on your Device Plan.

Guide: How does O2 Refresh work? 

Try calling O2, links to Social Media below, or numbers in here: Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support - Payment Management may be able to help if you are having difficulties paying. Good luck.

Message 2 of 7

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@Welshmale2020 If you are on a Refresh contract you cannot just cancel the airtime: How does O2 Refresh work?

If you were to cancel your sim and only pay for the device how would you use your phone?

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 7

ACA_2003
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

We sent for a PAC code which allowed us to transfer our O2 number to our new Pay As You Go sims with Three.Now we are paying quite a bit less for our monthly data & calls.We find O2’s tariffs when tied in to a device plan are unreasonably high.(I was only getting 4gb for £17 a month,now getting 20gb for £10 a month.)The fact that O2 cut us off from the App and are not prepared to allow us to continue paying our monthly device fee is a bad move on their part.

Message 4 of 7

pgn
  • 35218 Posts
  • 224 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions

You can only use the PAC code route when your contract has run to completion, or you pay it off early, @ACA_2003 - with 11 months device plan left, that could be costly to terminate.

Message 5 of 7

ACA_2003
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Maybe so,but with all the cost of living increases,sometimes things like this have to be done.We can only pay what we can afford to pay.

Message 6 of 7

pgn
  • 35218 Posts
  • 224 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions

True. Contract cancellation info here, and the Porting guide to give you an idea of the porting process (for O2, as your new network will have their own process) should you wish to keep the numbers when you move to your other network:

Guide: Cancelling Your Contract 

Guide: Migration & porting into O2  

Good luck, @ACA_2003 

Message 7 of 7