Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feeling confused.

Wizard71
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, I wanted to add the new galaxy watch to my account associated with my current phone number but it says I have to pay off my device first. I can however add a watch to my account with a new phone number. A) Why cant I have it tied to my existing number without paying off my phone and B) Does it matter matter the watch will have a different number? It just doesn't make sense to me...

Message 1 of 9
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 148305 Posts
  • 638 Topics
  • 28402 Solutions

@Wizard71 

Your watch has a different number.

That's how they all are.

As long as you are taking a new line and NOT upgrading, you will be fine.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

MI5
  • 148305 Posts
  • 638 Topics
  • 28402 Solutions

@Wizard71 

You need to add it as a new number, otherwise it will upgrade your phone which will cancel it.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 9

Bambino
Level 85: Esteemed
  • 23820 Posts
  • 1041 Topics
  • 3763 Solutions
Message 3 of 9

Wizard71
  • 5 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Oh ok, thanks. So I should just go ahead with adding it as a new device and marry it to my current phone/phone number later? Just trying to get my head around it

Message 4 of 9

MI5
  • 148305 Posts
  • 638 Topics
  • 28402 Solutions

@Wizard71 wrote:

Oh ok, thanks. So I should just go ahead with adding it as a new device and marry it to my current phone/phone number later? Just trying to get my head around it

Yes @Wizard71 

That's how it has to work.

Message 5 of 9

Wizard71
  • 5 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

 But is it saying my current number will change? I obviously don't want a new number

1000013657.jpg

Message 6 of 9

MI5
  • 148305 Posts
  • 638 Topics
  • 28402 Solutions

@Wizard71 

Your watch has a different number.

That's how they all are.

As long as you are taking a new line and NOT upgrading, you will be fine.

Message 7 of 9

Wizard71
  • 5 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Ok thanks for your time. Just seems a tad confusing. Appreciate your help, thanks again.

Message 8 of 9

MI5
  • 148305 Posts
  • 638 Topics
  • 28402 Solutions

@Wizard71 

It can be confusing adding a watch, so don't worry, and you're welcome.

Message 9 of 9