cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feel like I am being ripped off

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

I am currently paying £32 a month (usually £40 because my phone always rings voicemail??) for 600 minutes, unlimited texts and 750mb of data.

As you can see the tariff I seem to be on is VERY out of date and with people paying £10-15 for unlimited minutes, texts and 1-2GB of data.

I have tried the O2 shop and even contact and all they do is refer me to 'upgrading' my phone.. But I don't wish to pay even more out... as you can see it feels like Im just being negelected and ripped off and I have been with 02 for as long as I can remember.

What can i do? I am seriously thinking about stopping the direct debit and going with someone else like 3 or Giff Gaff.

Message 1 of 35
34 REPLIES 34

Cleoriff
  • 122901 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

Thats brilliant...wish I had a tariff like that...must get my family and friends involved...oh and change to EE maybe...:smileywink:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 31 of 35

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93217 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6975 Solutions

Works out better for me too.

At 8pm this evening I did speed tests with O2 and EE sims, same phone....

02.pngee.png

Message 32 of 35

davethorp
Level 21: Regular
  • 1035 Posts
  • 11 Topics
  • 38 Solutions

I've had similar speedtest results to you @jonsie 

I also got in the region of 50mbit when I was on 3 and had a 4G signal. I get 4G in a lot more places on EE though

@Cleoriff the F&F discount I have is from someone I know who works for EE. When I said I'd switched to EE they offered to add me onto their employee discount. I obviously bit their hand off

Message 33 of 35

Cleoriff
  • 122901 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

Works out better for me too.

At 8pm this evening I did speed tests with O2 and EE sims, same phone....

02.pngee.png

Good grief @jonsie ...a hell of a difference there...no wonder you changed!

Also @davethorp ...I bet you bit their hand off for that deal....It didnt need thinking about really..Bouncy

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 34 of 35

jonsie
  • 93217 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6975 Solutions

I have to point out that those tests were in the little village of Oswaldtwistle (population 12,000) where my son and his family live. For those not sure where this is, it's about 6 miles from Blackburn, another major northern town with no 4G. Similar result in my home town of Bolton where I experienced 4G for one day on the 17th Oct. Maybe one day....

Message 35 of 35