cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feel like I am being ripped off

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

I am currently paying £32 a month (usually £40 because my phone always rings voicemail??) for 600 minutes, unlimited texts and 750mb of data.

As you can see the tariff I seem to be on is VERY out of date and with people paying £10-15 for unlimited minutes, texts and 1-2GB of data.

I have tried the O2 shop and even contact and all they do is refer me to 'upgrading' my phone.. But I don't wish to pay even more out... as you can see it feels like Im just being negelected and ripped off and I have been with 02 for as long as I can remember.

What can i do? I am seriously thinking about stopping the direct debit and going with someone else like 3 or Giff Gaff.

Message 1 of 35
34 REPLIES 34

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23047 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions

Thanks. I didn't think I'd dreamt that. Perhaps the OP can explain what he meant?

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 21 of 35

Anonymous
Not applicable

my Z10 broke due to water damage aparrantly (there was a tiny spot of corrosion on the board) cant remember ever spilling  anything on it but might have been due to taking it into the bathroom with me when I had a shower..

And my voicemail charges me every minute, even says my extra bill is from that..

Message 22 of 35

Bambino
  • 23047 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions

If you're a contract customer your voicemail should be free. If you're being charged for it, you need to speak to Customer Service to find out why.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 23 of 35

Anonymous
Not applicable
I know voicemail comes out of the tariff minutes on Contract.

However If the OP uses up their 600 minutes in their tariff are they then charged for using voicemail ?
Message 24 of 35

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you.

So we now need an update from the op to confirm if they use up,all their minutes allowance.
Message 26 of 35

Bambino
  • 23047 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions

The OP appears to be unhappy about running out of data, and has never mentioned using up his minutes, apart from saying he was being charged for voicemail, which is why I queried it. 

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 27 of 35

davethorp
Level 21: Regular
  • 1035 Posts
  • 11 Topics
  • 38 Solutions

You are being ripped off Smiley LOL

My mobile bill this month is £5.38 for unlimited minutes, unlimited texts and 5GB data

Message 28 of 35

Cleoriff
  • 122816 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@davethorp wrote:

My mobile bill this month is £5.38 for unlimited minutes, unlimited texts and 5GB data

Now there must be a tale behind this @davethorp ...:smileywink:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 29 of 35

davethorp
  • 1035 Posts
  • 11 Topics
  • 38 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

@davethorp wrote:

Now there must be a tale behind this @davethorp ...:smileywink:

Not a massive one. My tariff is actually £21.99 a month from EE but I also get 40% off through friends and family discount. Which got applied last month and has been backdated on my latest bill to when I signed up

Message 30 of 35