cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feel like I am being ripped off

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

I am currently paying £32 a month (usually £40 because my phone always rings voicemail??) for 600 minutes, unlimited texts and 750mb of data.

As you can see the tariff I seem to be on is VERY out of date and with people paying £10-15 for unlimited minutes, texts and 1-2GB of data.

I have tried the O2 shop and even contact and all they do is refer me to 'upgrading' my phone.. But I don't wish to pay even more out... as you can see it feels like Im just being negelected and ripped off and I have been with 02 for as long as I can remember.

What can i do? I am seriously thinking about stopping the direct debit and going with someone else like 3 or Giff Gaff.

Message 1 of 35
34 REPLIES 34

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 123291 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7473 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous  as jonsie has said, this may all be very frustrating but do NOT cancel your DD...there is only ever one loser in that respect unfortunately that would be you. A default on your credit file is never a good thing to have...:smileysad:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 11 of 35

jonsie
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

The contract I did was a while ago with a Z10 on o2 refresh.. but the phone broke after what.. a couple of months? So I had to get myself an iPhone 4.. 

So I suppose the only best way is to pay the remaining of the contract?

That would be the best option I would think, compare that cost to the savings of a new tariff or contract.

Message 12 of 35

Anonymous
Not applicable
The iPhone has been said to use more data than other phones. Lots of hypothetical chatter all over Google.

Mine does not.

When at home turn off Mobile Data in the settings because when the screen turns off it auto switches from wifi to mobile data ! A battery saving feature apparently.

Just remember to turn it backin when out of wifi range.
Message 13 of 35

jonsie
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

Unfortunately data saving tips won't get rid of the dissatisfaction with the tariff in comparison to others. Thiss is why I would never enter into a two year phone contract. Tariffs are changing all the time in this competitive industry.

Message 14 of 35

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

The contract I did was a while ago with a Z10 on o2 refresh.. but the phone broke after what.. a couple of months? So I had to get myself an iPhone 4.. 

Warranty on the Z10?

Message 15 of 35

Anonymous
Not applicable
Depends I think on how it 'broke' to be covered by manufacturers warranty.

Home Insurance or Bank Account cover if applicable may have been a choice. Excess fee's being a factor.
Message 16 of 35

jonsie
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

I'm sure the OP would have queried any of that when the phone 'broke' and not really the point in question.

Message 17 of 35

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23184 Posts
  • 1028 Topics
  • 3688 Solutions

My apologies for butting into this thread, but there's something I find a little confusing. In his first post, the OP said his charges were higher than what his tariff was because his phone 'always rings voicemail'. If you're on a Pay Monthly contract, voicemail is free, isn't it? Whatever extra charges per month he's having couldn't be from voicemail calls. Or am I mistaken?

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 18 of 35

jonsie
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions
Message 19 of 35

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts