cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Falsy sold a contract by o2 now have bad credit history

Anonymous
Not applicable
O2 are just scamming people to get them to take contracts then doing nothing to put the situation right
Message 2 of 33
32 REPLIES 32

Anonymous
Not applicable

How long have you had the phone? if less than 14 days you can legally cancel the contract by calling O2 customer services. They will obviously try to retain your custom however you just need to be assertive.

If you have had the handset more than 14 days but you believe you have been mis-sold the product, go through the complaints procedure and once resolved, O2 HAVE to remove the search on your credit profile.

Message 11 of 33

Anonymous
Not applicable
I rejected deliver of the phone so it was sent straight back as thats what customer services told me to do. The complaints team are not trying to resolve my issues their trying to fob me off.
Message 12 of 33

Anonymous
Not applicable

If you rejected delivery of the handset, this demonstates to the network you wish to action a cancellation and that it was within 14 days would be penalty free.

O2 cannot hold you to ransom and charge you for a service you havent been using. You will find when you call customer services that there never any managers to speak to however be persistant and tell them you have actioned the 14 day disconnection by refusing the handset.

Message 13 of 33

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks i will try that. Just sick of being without a phone and them getting away with being able to do this
Message 14 of 33

Anonymous
Not applicable

They took 7 days to port my number from my previous network and they kept fobbing me off.

Just stay assertive and that if they dont comply, you will issue them notice through the small claims court for not actioning a legal cancellation request.

Message 15 of 33

Anonymous
Not applicable
Theysay the contract has been cancelled and ive been assured my credit rating isnt affected but when i try and take out a new contract im told that its because i failed the credit check when it was perfectly fine before i took out the first contract
Message 16 of 33

Anonymous
Not applicable

When getting a new contract a credit search is always performed and no matter if you pass or fail it will always lower your credit score slightly as it shows you have applied for credit.

I suggest trying through another network or through another 3rd party dealership as they all have varying credit criteria.

Message 17 of 33

Anonymous
Not applicable
I e failed it twice since taking the first contract and that would of effected my rating and thats not right because its o2s fault and something they need to put right
Message 18 of 33

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions
The more times you try, the worse the effect on your credit file.
Message 19 of 33

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
Theysay the contract has been cancelled and ive been assured my credit rating isnt affected but when i try and take out a new contract im told that its because i failed the credit check when it was perfectly fine before i took out the first contract

You need to speak to Customer Services again and ask them to confirm this in writing. You need to be persistent. It may be that the system hasn't reset itself yet, but even so, getting a written confirmation will give you the backup you need if there is another dispute.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 20 of 33