cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extra free credit for topping up

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi, I just topped up my SIM for the first time with £10 and it said I would get £10 extra credit if I topped up before 18/3/15. My balance is still only £10 though? Can anyone please let me know when this will update to £20?
Thanks
Message 1 of 25
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks Marina, very nice of you to say grin

Just to draw a line under this thread for anyone looking in the future - from my own experience topping up registering a PAYG SIM the free credit is indeed real and gets added to your balance, there appears to be just a slight delay so sit tight grin

View solution in original post

Message 24 of 25
24 REPLIES 24

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

It won't update. What you have is 'virtual' credit which basically means you get to use that credit before you use the £10 you have topped up by. It will never actually appear on the phone as credit.

Message 2 of 25

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks. Bit crafty!! :S
Message 3 of 25

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
Thanks. Bit crafty!! :S

That's one way of putting it....:smileywink:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 25

Anonymous
Not applicable
How is it crafty? You are given an offer which doubles your credit. You take the offer up and you get double the credit.

Don't see what is crafty about that at all.
Message 5 of 25

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

It simply means that you use the credit but you don't see it on the phone. It is genuine though, you get free usage to the value of £10 wink

Message 6 of 25

Anonymous
Not applicable
If you pay for £10 credit and get offered £10 extra credit it's fair to assume you'll then have £20 credit... Now say you wanted that credit to unlock your iPhone that costs £15 you still need to top up more as your credit is still £10...... Hence, crafty. There's not even any small print to mention its 'virtual'
It's ok tho, I'm not that upset about it grin
Message 7 of 25

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
You can't "spend" it on anything.
It's just calling credit.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 8 of 25

Anonymous
Not applicable
No pleasing some lol. Give 'em a tenner and still not satisfied lol

Only kidding
Message 9 of 25

Anonymous
Not applicable
It's just a little unclear I think, I'm a giffgaff customer and this O2 PAYG is not really PAYG as its all monthly bundles in one shape or form so even 'calling credit' is a little unclear. Just my newbie observations grin
Message 10 of 25