cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extra Credit Offer and Sim Swap

Anonymous
Not applicable

I recently bought a new phone and it needed a nano-SIM whereas my previous O2 SIM was a standard one.

I ordered a new SIM and used the SIM swap site to swap the SIMs (so I could use the new phone with the new SIM, but the old number, etc)

I am now been offered an exta £20 credit for the new SIM and needing me to activate the new SIM on the new number; but of course I've swapped the old SIM details onto the new SIM card now

Is it possible to getthis extra credit on my new SIM (with the old number)?

And perhaps more importantly, if I do not "activate" the new SIM (on the new number) will the card suddenly become unusable despite being swapped?

(BTW the old SIM has been rendered inactive after the swap - so it was more of a "transfer" than a "swap")

Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93234 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6978 Solutions

First off the card won't become unusable for 6 months. The extra credit was for the previous mobile number and won't be added to your transferred number. Hopefully at some stage you will get offers for that number.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

jonsie
  • 93234 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6978 Solutions

First off the card won't become unusable for 6 months. The extra credit was for the previous mobile number and won't be added to your transferred number. Hopefully at some stage you will get offers for that number.

Message 2 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
Excellent, thanks
I guessed the extra credit would have just been for the new (now unused) number otherwise we could just swap SIM every few weeks to get an extra £20 for free 🙂 That was just thrown in there.
My main concern was that I was still getting the offer reminders since I swapped my old SIM details onto the new card, and was concerned that if it was not "activated" that it would become inoperable.
It's a pity that the swapmysim.o2.co.uk site doesn't also mark the new number as being obsolete and so not in need of activatation

Thanks again
Message 3 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

I would suggest contacting Customer Service on 4445 to see what can be done for you.

Let us know what they say.
Message 4 of 7

MI5
  • 144341 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27671 Solutions
I'm totally confused by your post, but maybe I;m misreading - sorry if I am.....
The new sim should now have your original number and therefore is activated and any offers for extra credit will apply to your phone number, no matter what sim it is on.....?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 7

captainprice
Level 6: Acolyte
  • 165 Posts
  • 7 Topics
  • 4 Solutions

did you contact customer services to find out if you could top up and get the extra credit because i have done the same thing micro to nano sim just got a email from o2 saying top up by x amount  and get a extra £20 credit but as you did a sim swap so my old number was transferred on to the new sim just wondered if i topped by x amount i would get that extra £20 credit or is specifically designed for that number before i done the sim swap

Message 6 of 7

MI5
  • 144341 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27671 Solutions
Your number is the same no matter what sim it is on...
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 7 of 7