Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Excess data usage

Kazzy33
Level 1: Joiner
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Is anyone else experiencing excess usage of data overnight. Every month im running out of data and i have 3gb. My average usage is 1.2. O2 say things are happening at around midnight but can't tell me what!!! I'm asleep then. Advice was turn off mobile data at home!!!  But why should I??  When I'm on WiFi it shouldn't use mobile data!!!! Any advice???

Karen

Message 1 of 25
24 REPLIES 24

Anonymous
Not applicable

I use the app most days but don’t go posting status after status like people do & posting lots of videos which also uses up the data 

Message 21 of 25

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
It's still sucking your battery though.
I was seeing upto 50% battery usage from the app alone!
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 22 of 25

Anonymous
Not applicable

Anything seems to suck your battery these days although It’s better than my old 4S I had a few years ago which lost 5-10% battery as soon as you took the charger out 

Message 23 of 25

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
I've just had a look and see people updating their status 4 or 5 times a day, or even more.
Posting loads of photos and videos too.
Personally, I don't see the point but each to their own.
I guess the younger kids have more to say than I do slight_smile
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 24 of 25

Anonymous
Not applicable

It’s that generational thing where they have to tell everyone what they are doing every 2 seconds. I’ve just looked at my apps & actually it’s instagram the biggest not Facebook but that’s a close 2nd 

Message 25 of 25