cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ending refresh contract and switching networks

Anonymous
Not applicable

Waited for O2 to roll out 4g near where i work to see if my signal issues improved but it didn't, i've already started a contract with Three but wanted to check a few things about cancelling my refresh contract with O2 and getting the number ported over, is this best done in store or easy enough to do over the phone?

My bill date is the 27th, but comes out the following month on the 11th, when my bill is generated for the 27th this week, i'm guessing this is for the previous month? 

If i pay off my phone balance on the 27th and give notice to end the contract, this should start the 30 days notice period, so i should still get another bill for next month, which will then be the final bill?

If i were to pay off my phone and cancel half way though a month, will i be billed for the whole month or just for the days used?

Finally, if i'm still in my last month (during notice period) can i port my number to my new contract immediately or do i have to wait for the notice period to end?

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93177 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

I hope it is though to be honest I don't have a lot of faith in Live Chat when it comes to account related queries. As you say, keep an eye on My O2.

Message 11 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just had exactly the same thing happen to me, only the overcharge was £250 odd. I really don't want them to blacken my credit file by cancelling the direct debit (what they told me to do) and then having to go through the massive rigmarole of getting that taken off - but obviously I also don't want £250 odd taken from my bank account in 2 weeks time.

The guy on the phone couldn't give me a proper answer other than admitting that they'd messed up and it would be recalculated. But that would take 4 working days and the wrong bill might get taken.

Message 12 of 12