Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ending Contract Difficulties

Macy
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

So I have bought a Pay Monthly sim for the unlimited data plan of £30 a month. I only used it for one month specifically for its data on my other phone and now I do not need it anymore and I want to leave O2. I have been trying to call their customer service for the past two months to cancel it but they keep rejecting my calls. At one point, someone did pick up after my 20 minute wait, had a second or two of silence before hanging up on me. Then O2 has the cheek to text me messages to review how their agent handled my situation, which was never handled in the first place and was very rudely hung up on after calling. Does anyone have the best solution to this, I really can't afford to be paying this bill every month as I have very important subscriptions to pay.

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

TheresaV
  • 1930 Posts
  • 80 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

Hi @Macy were you able to get in touch with customer services to cancel your contract?

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93149 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6953 Solutions

MI5
  • 144064 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions

@Macy 

You'll need to call customer service.
Numbers here Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 
When it comes to the reason you are calling stay silent for 15 seconds and you will be taken to the keypad options.
Press 2 for Everything Else
Press 5 for More Options
Press 7 for Anything Else which will put you though to someone.
Say "Upgrade", "Lost/Stolen" or "Fraud" if you have to, to get put through to someone.
8.00am is the best time to call if you can.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 6

TheresaV
  • 1930 Posts
  • 80 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

Hi @Macy were you able to get in touch with customer services to cancel your contract?

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 4 of 6

Macy
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

No I have not been able to get in contact with anyone, once again. Same situation. I wonder if this is on purpose so I can't terminate my contract.

Message 5 of 6

MI5
  • 144064 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions

Try at 8.00am in the morning @Macy 

It should be quiet on the phone lines then.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 6