Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

End of 24 month contract

Caz123
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, I took out a 24 month contract with O2 around 8th July 2022 and paid a full month on 20th July that month. Since then payments have been taken regularly anywhere between 17th and 20th July. This month my contract ended and I have moved elsewhere and last Wednesday requested my PAC code (3rd July). I have received a final bill for the normal monthly  amount which says it covers up to 5th July. I totally understand this, that I'm paying for the month I have already received, but what I'm struggling to make sense of is why I will have paid 25 full months payments on a 24 month contract? The customer service advisor tried to tell me yesterday the first month was paid upfront, she agreed I will indeed be paying 25 full months on a 24 month contract but wasn't able to give me an explaination I could understand exactly why 🤷‍♀️. Can anyone shed any light on this for me please. Surely if I paid the first month in advance I've paid one month too many? 

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149633 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28517 Solutions

@Caz123 

As O2 don't know when you will use your PAC they can only bill you the regular payment.

You will get a refund for the remainder of the month from when you use your PAC.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 6

Caz123
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

But my bill they have emailed me tells me it is covering up to 5th July (which I have obviously used) I used the PAC within a day of getting it. It would make sense if my contract ended in June not July, but I was informed it ended in July and actually they wanted to charge me 5p for ending it a day or 2 early 😂

Message 3 of 6

MI5
  • 149633 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28517 Solutions

@Caz123 

You must have got an advisor who didn't know what they were talking about.

The UK based social media teams are the best to interact with.

Facebook (https://o2uk.co/O2CFB) , Twitter (X)  (https://o2uk.co/O2CTW) or Instagram (https://o2uk.co/O2CIG)

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 4 of 6

Caz123
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you, I have messaged them on Facebook 👍. Hopefully they can help me. The advisor also stopped my direct debit at her suggestion as she said it would force them to look at the whole contract and bill me my final amount appropriately, while I get what she was saying I have to say I'm not entirely comfortable that that's been done 🙈

Message 5 of 6

MI5
  • 149633 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28517 Solutions

@Caz123 

Just keep an eye on your bills and make sure you pay what they ask for in time.

Guide: How to Pay Your Bill (Contract) 

Message 6 of 6