Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email to SMS service not working?

dougwzz98
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 35 Posts
  • 9 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Is anyone else experiencing a problem with email to SMS notifications not being received? I use this service quite a bit, and have noticed starting today that although the emails are arriving OK I'm not getting the corresponding SMS message. 

TIA.

--Doug.

Message 1 of 25
24 REPLIES 24

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks - I have tried sending the "status" text to 30102 and it just will not go.  Have reset the settings by sending ACTIVE to 2020 so the APN is correct but still msg will not go, is O2's MMS server down?

Message 21 of 25

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144287 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27641 Solutions
If you have never used MMS before you might need to get it enabled on your account. You also need mobile data turned on and if you are PAYG you need credit as each MMS cost 25p.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 22 of 25

Anonymous
Not applicable

Strange - I have used MMS many times before without problem

Message 23 of 25

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144287 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27641 Solutions
Actually, thinking about it, browni had a problem trying to get a response from that shortcode. I think he mentioned it on the other thread.....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 24 of 25

Anonymous
Not applicable

Not necessarily so as I have been asking O2 on Twitter (@ladams888) and, after a week, still cannot get a definitive answer to (a) is the serviuce simply "down" or (b) has the service been discontinued.  Until I get a definitive answer, I will still hold out hope that it might return.

Message 25 of 25