Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email to SMS service not working?

dougwzz98
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 35 Posts
  • 9 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Is anyone else experiencing a problem with email to SMS notifications not being received? I use this service quite a bit, and have noticed starting today that although the emails are arriving OK I'm not getting the corresponding SMS message. 

TIA.

--Doug.

Message 1 of 25
24 REPLIES 24

Anonymous
Not applicable

At the risk of repeating myself - Customer Services told me that "O2 email to mobile" was being phased out as of 6 November and that all users of this particular service (i.e. "O2 email to mobile" and not O2 email) had been informed of this back in September.  Thus the reason it is not working is that it no longer exists! 

Message 11 of 25

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

At the risk of repeating myself - Customer Services told me that "O2 email to mobile" was being phased out as of 6 November and that all users of this particular service (i.e. "O2 email to mobile" and not O2 email) had been informed of this back in September.  Thus the reason it is not working is that it no longer exists! 

At the risk of doing the same, you were misinformed, this service has a fault that is being investigated.

It has only been stopped for people who don't use O2 Broadband.

If you had searched the forum first you would have seen this, and the response from O2:

http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Other-Products-Services/Email-to-Mobile-Why-has-it-stopped/m-p/562632#M9893

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 12 of 25

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just repeating what CS told me.  As it hasn't now worked for two days, I am tending to believe them.

Message 13 of 25

perksie
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

Just use the link above.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Message 14 of 25

Anonymous
Not applicable

Tried that and the reply was " All messages to short code 30102 for O2 Email to mobile must be sent via MMS/Picture messages.  Messages to short code 30102 are free".  On my phone I do not have the option to specify whether I am sending an SMS or MMS - if I send a picture it is sent as MMS otherwise it is SMS - so not sure how deal with that.

Message 15 of 25

perksie
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

Keeping your posts to one thread makes it much easier to follow what's going on.

Message 16 of 25

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yup - understand.  But there were already two threads being dealt with by different people.  So - any idea how I can get a status report from 30102?

Message 17 of 25

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144319 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
What phone do you you have?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 18 of 25

Anonymous
Not applicable

Xperia Ray

Message 19 of 25

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144319 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
On my SP, I go to create a message and hit the 3 dots top right then choose "Add Subject".
This then converts message to an MMS.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 20 of 25