cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Early bill payment (make a payment)

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello
Got my first ever contract phone and just curious about paying a bill off early?

My first bill was £39.50 which given November 20th 2016 and the payment was going to come out by the 4th.
I had £40 spare in my savings so I thought I'd use the make a payment option and pay the first one off early.

After payment and the money coming out it still states the balance owed still £39.50 so I thought I'll make sure everything is fine via live chat and make sure that It paid off, the o2 employee stated it's fine and it'll state £0.00 from now on.

Well the problem I have is they stated that if I want to pay early every single time I need to cancel my direct debit payment so I won't be chagered twice,so as a one off they placed notes on my account not take my payment out direct debit with me already paying for it, even though it states online if I pay before 7 days the bill payment is due I won't be charged twice.

So let's say I want to sometimes pay my bill early when I have money available so I know how much I have left over, do I have to make the payment as I did even if it is 7 days before the payment is due and ring up my bank every single time to cancel the direct debit payment? Or did she tell
Me wrong and is there nothing to worry about after paying early as long as it 7 days or more before?

Sorry just curious as to why I got told to cancel my direct debit even though it states different online.

Cheers
Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
If your account is in credit the DD won't be taken from your bank. No need to cancel anything at all. As long as you pay with enough time for the system to recognise the payment it will be fine.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
If your account is in credit the DD won't be taken from your bank. No need to cancel anything at all. As long as you pay with enough time for the system to recognise the payment it will be fine.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 4

Anonymous
Not applicable
Okay so as long as every early payment is 7 days or before I should be fine?
Message 3 of 4

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Yes, exactly.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 4