cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Early Termination Bill for O2 Refresh Contract

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

In December I cancelled my O2 refresh contract. A couple of weeks later I was shocked to receive a bill for nearly £500 listed as an 'Early Termination' fee. I thought the whole point of Refresh is that you can switch/cancel the airtime plan at any time as the device plan is separate? I'd already paid off my device plan at the time of cancelation. So basically I know the bill is not correct, but I am having trouble getting O2 to acknowledge that and cancel it. I am also owed about £20 due to a direct debit taken which covers time after contract cancelation, so I want that refunded as well.

My first attempt to solve the issue was to visit an O2 store, where it was confirmed that the bill was in error but they said I needed to call customer services to sort it. Upon calling customer services I was also told the bill was in error. The advisor said she would put a note on my file to remove the bill, and told me not to pay. I requested that she email me so I had a record of this, but I never received an email.

A week later I still hadn't received any communication from O2 or changes in my account. I used the 'Live Chat' service to contact O2, repeating the problem and requesting that the bill be removed. Again the advisor agreed the bill was not correct and said he would get it cancelled. I checked my account a couple of days later and there was no change - I then made sure my direct debit was cancelled so the money couldn't be taken.

It's now almost two weeks since the Live Chat session. Yesterday I received an email from O2 claiming that my bill is overdue and they will add a late payment charge if I don't pay within four days. I tried replying to the email but got an automated reply that they have shut down email support.

So I've tried all ways of contacting O2 but they still haven't done anything. I'm also worried my credit rating could be impacted by their mistake. Any help in getting this sorted would be appreciated!

Thanks,

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous The best thing for you to do is make a complaint http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

For your info all you need to know about Refresh is here https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-Pay-and-Go/How-does-O2-Refresh-work/ba-p/1014093

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 7

MI5
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
I'm amazed that this is still going on.
It's a system error or an error by the agent that cancelled your contract and has been happening for years.
@Toby can you intervene to get it sorted?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 7

Toby
Former Staff
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous,

I'm Toby, the Community Head. Welcome! Feel free to send me a PM and we can see about getting this sorted out slight_smile

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 4 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Toby

I am not sure how to message you, I have a problem with a negative credit report o2 filed against me in their error. This is evident on the notes on my account and I have emailed into the credit file referrals, however I haven't heard back yet or recieved an automated reply to say they have even recieved it. None of the customer services advisors seem to know what they are talking about unfortunately. I just want to make sure my email has been recieved as I need to get this removed from my credit report urgently.

Hope you can help!

Thanks,

Lola

Message 5 of 7

MI5
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

Click his name and you will see the option to pm @Toby

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 7

Paul_Watts
Level 1: Joiner
  • 7 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
This happens all the time 3 of my family members all got a S7 at Christmas time all rang up separately and cancelled a few days later after paying for the device, all got charged early termination fees. Had to ring up to get them refunded.
Message 7 of 7