cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Early Contract Cancellation

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello!
My contact is supposed to end in november but I can not stand the thought of having to bare with the phone I'm currently using (3-4h battery life) and need a new contract.
I've been reading into the topic and my wonder is, whilst I'm paying 21.50 pounds per month where 6 pounds is an internet bolt on, will I have to pay off 6*21.50 for the remainder or is there a way to lower the sum by that 6 quid a month? This way would save me at least 36 pounds...

Message 1 of 8
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
It's only the basic line rental you have to pay - O2 don't charge for the bolt ons anyway.....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23047 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions

You can cancel the bolt-on and reduce your monthly tariff.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 8

MI5
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
It's only the basic line rental you have to pay - O2 don't charge for the bolt ons anyway.....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 3 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
So that means I don't have to do anything?
Awesome, thanks! Glad to be freeing myself from this company...
Message 4 of 8

MI5
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
So that means I don't have to do anything?
Well, you need to call and get your PAC if you want to take your number with you. Once you use the PAC it will cancel your account and generate the final bill with will be your basic line rental x the number of months remaining. You should leave your DD active (if you have one) until you receive the next bill after this which confirms your account will be "zero balance".

Currently using:
Message 5 of 8

jonsie
  • 93188 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

You could of course sell your present phone and buy another of your choice and carry on with your present contract. It doesn't stop you paying out a lump sum though it is another option for you.

Message 6 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
It unfortunately isn't an option since I can't afford to buy a Galaxy Note 2 on pay as you go, besides the way I see it if I switch to another contract which I'm currently looking at, I'll have a much better deal plus the note itself, and all that is only setting me back at the cancellation cost of O2 at the moment...
But thank you anyway slight_smile
Message 7 of 8

jonsie
  • 93188 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Good luck, hope it all works out for you. Nothing worse than being stuck with a phone or deal that you aren't happy with.

Message 8 of 8