Did you mean: 

Duplicate charges for sending picture messages

Neill_C
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi

I was wondering if someone could help me out. Earlier this month I sent 3 picture messages (in the form of MMS) to someone, but have just logged in to check my bill and I am due to be charged for 22 picture messages on that day. IU have checked the messages app on my phone and there were definitley only 3 MMSs sent.

Where I live I have fairly poor reception so when I send a text message, it often does not get sent first time (it will say 'not sent, tap to try again'). This would no doubt have happened when I was sending the MMSs earlier in the month - is there a chance that O2 would have billed me for each attempted sending of the MMS rather than how many were actually sent?

The only other thing I can think of is if the network send these out as more MMSs as they were quite large picture files - I've never heard of this but it's the only other thing I can think of.

Does anyone else have similar experiences? And if I can manage to speak to an adviser would they be able to refund the extra 19 charges?

Thanks in advance

Neill

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144168 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions

@Neill_C 

You'll need to call customer service for a refund Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 3

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23047 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions

@Neill_C If you can manage to speak to someone, yes they will probably refund you, but getting through will be the problem.

Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 3