Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Double data contract offer issue

kevans
Level 1: Joiner
  • 18 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I recently took out a new contract with o2 with the double data offer. 6gb for the price of 3gb. However it shows I've got a 3gb free bolt on which is on top of any allowance but it doesn't seem to be working as it's says I've got 2.85gb of 3gb. My allowance should be 6gb. I have phoned customer service who say I do have 6gb but it's only showing 3gb. It's a known issue and they are looking into sorting it. Fair enough but they couldn't give me a time frame. They said if I run out just call up and they will add 3gb for free but it's hassle calling them. Takes ages just getting past the automated service.
Anyone else have this issue or any info on it?
Message 1 of 20
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

I'm fairly sure someone else had the same  problem a short while ago and was told the same thing. Only customer service can sort it for you so you need to keep on to them. Around 8.30am is the best time

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 20
19 REPLIES 19

jonsie
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

I'm fairly sure someone else had the same  problem a short while ago and was told the same thing. Only customer service can sort it for you so you need to keep on to them. Around 8.30am is the best time

Message 2 of 20

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Yes, it was reported over the weekend on here too.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 20

kevans
  • 18 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Oh ok. I will give them a few days and if nothing changes phone them back up.
Message 4 of 20

MercedesS
  • 1192 Posts
  • 17 Topics
  • 18 Solutions

Hello @kevans, thank you for bringing this issue to our attention!

It should be fixed now so, if you could check and let us know it will be great! Feedback

Thanks @MI5 and @jonsie for all the help! Heart

Get involved! If a post answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution”.If you are new to the community, please read How to use the community
Message 5 of 20

jonsie
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
Message 6 of 20

kevans
  • 18 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi MercedesS. I just checked and no different. Still showing 3gb available not 6gb on my allowance. Says I have 2.7gb of 3gb available.

It still says contract 3gb and free 3gb bolt on but still doesn't seem to be applying.
Message 7 of 20

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Do you not have the bolt on listed in your bolt on section either?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 8 of 20

kevans
  • 18 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I do have the bolt on listed. It's says 3gb to be applied every month on top of my allowance or something along those lines. So that's why my allowance should say 6gb surely?!
Message 9 of 20

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Bolt on will kick in when the 3gb has been used off the base tariff.
Your MyO2 will always only show the base tariff details on the front page.

Currently using:
Message 10 of 20