Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dispatch email

BumbleBeeZebra
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi, I was just wondering what time of night everyone received their dispatch emails?
I ordered a tablet (existing pay monthly customer) yesterday around 4pm and I received all the legal document emails and the "Thanks for your order - it's now full steam ahead at our end." shortly after.
They did give me the mobile number for the tablet on the confirmation page but I stupidly didn't make a note of it assuming it would be sent in an email.
I've tried ringing CS but they are declining to answer the phone this afternoon 😄
The product is in stock, is fairly low value (Samsung A8 tablet) and I have been an O2 customer for 7 years with no late payments etc so I can't see why it would be declined.
Also, it is showing as in stock on the website.

What time of day did people receive their dispatch emails from O2 or should I just give up hope that it is coming anytime soon / at all.

Thankyou in advance....
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144296 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions

@BumbleBeeZebra 

It's largely irrelevant what the website states as O2's stock system isn't live and not updated all too often.

Normally, I would expect you to have received your dispatch email early evening, but it could still arrive at anytime, and some have received their devices without ever having a dispatch email.

So in summary, it's a lottery upside_down

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 5

BumbleBeeZebra
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thankyou for your reply.
So frustrating - you'd think in this day and age you would be able to see everything online and stock levels would be upto date etc.
I need it within a certain time frame (daughter needs it for online schoolwork) so I'd like to known if/when it is coming so I can make alternative arrangements if necessary... guess that's me on hold with O2 again tomorrow!
Message 3 of 5

MI5
  • 144296 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
In all honesty, you're better off buying from Amazon.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 5

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10157 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3009 Solutions
@BumbleBeeZebra

The emails can come up until midnight, as they accept orders up until late.

o2 should really invest in a live stock system... but they arent alone in that respect...

All warehouses are struggling at the moment due to social distancing.

I know 2 couriers who have removed next day delivery / guaranteed deliveries, yet still charge for them....

Even Amazon are starting to remove next day delivery from a lot of items even with Prime and even changed the cut off times to 6pm as well..
- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 5 of 5