Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Early contract release

Siobhan17
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
My dad set up a pay monthly contract last october - a new samsung 40 a month plus insurance - but has since been diagnoised with dementia.He actually cant use the phone - cant answer calls or make them - its useless to him - can I hand it back in and be released from the contract or is there a penalty - or do I need a doctors note - or something else - any help would be great !
Message 1 of 2
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Siobhan17 

Help here https://www.o2.co.uk/help/account-and-billing/bereavement

We have a team dedicated to supporting bereaved customers and those who have been diagnosed with a terminal illness.

Our Customer Relations team can help with closing an account, arranging to transfer the account to Pay As You Go or, following a successful credit check, moving the phone number to a new Pay Monthly account.

We try to make it as easy as possible for you. If the account holder is terminally ill, we’ll need medical evidence such as a letter from the doctor or a power of attorney document. If the account holder has passed away, we may need a copy of the death certificate.

The team are available Monday to Friday 8am–4.30pm. You can reach them by phone on 0800 090 18 20, by email at Bereavement&Criticalillness@virginmediao2.co.uk. If you’d prefer, you can write to us at:

O2 Bereavement Team,
PO Box 694
Winchester
SO23 5AP

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2
1 REPLY 1

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Siobhan17 

Help here https://www.o2.co.uk/help/account-and-billing/bereavement

We have a team dedicated to supporting bereaved customers and those who have been diagnosed with a terminal illness.

Our Customer Relations team can help with closing an account, arranging to transfer the account to Pay As You Go or, following a successful credit check, moving the phone number to a new Pay Monthly account.

We try to make it as easy as possible for you. If the account holder is terminally ill, we’ll need medical evidence such as a letter from the doctor or a power of attorney document. If the account holder has passed away, we may need a copy of the death certificate.

The team are available Monday to Friday 8am–4.30pm. You can reach them by phone on 0800 090 18 20, by email at Bereavement&Criticalillness@virginmediao2.co.uk. If you’d prefer, you can write to us at:

O2 Bereavement Team,
PO Box 694
Winchester
SO23 5AP

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 2