Did you mean: 

Disney+

Optimus
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi,

Had the 6 months Disney+ offer. Did originally set it not to renew automatically but then changed that before the offer term was up.

Have receivbed my latest bill and cannot see the -£2 airtime being taken from my charges.

Have tried calling O2 but get cut off when asking to talk to someone about my bill.

Can anyone help?

Message 1 of 10
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144313 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions

@Optimus 

Check you cancelled correctly here Guide: Adding and removing O2 Extras  

if so, You'll need to call customer service.
Numbers here Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 
When it comes to the reason you are calling stay silent for 15 seconds and you will be taken to the keypad options.
Press 2 for Everything Else
Press 5 for More Options
Press 7 for Anything Else which will put you though to someone.
Say "Upgrade", "Lost/Stolen" or "Fraud" if you have to, to get put through to someone.
8.00am is the best time to call if you can.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

MI5
  • 144313 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions

@Optimus 

Check you cancelled correctly here Guide: Adding and removing O2 Extras  

if so, You'll need to call customer service.
Numbers here Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 
When it comes to the reason you are calling stay silent for 15 seconds and you will be taken to the keypad options.
Press 2 for Everything Else
Press 5 for More Options
Press 7 for Anything Else which will put you though to someone.
Say "Upgrade", "Lost/Stolen" or "Fraud" if you have to, to get put through to someone.
8.00am is the best time to call if you can.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 10

Optimus
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks. I did cancel the auto renewel and reactivate it according to that guide.

I'll call O2 with the tip you provided. Many thanks for your help!

Message 3 of 10

MI5
  • 144313 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
You're welcome

Currently using:
Message 4 of 10

Optimus
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Update: Still couldn't get through on the phone so eventually messaged them through Facebook. The person who replied to my message told me that because I had taken the 6-months offer previously I would not be eligable for the the £2 airtime discount event thought I had it now as a paid extra.

Has anyone else had this issue?

Message 5 of 10

MI5
  • 144313 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions

Complete rubbish @Optimus 

All O2 customers can get the discount at anytime they sign up.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 10

Optimus
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Looking at the website here's the terms ands conditions:

Disney+ is a paid for service and the Disney retail price is £7.99. Disney+ can be selected as a Standalone Extra and a 6 month minimum term will apply. Customers will also receive a £2 discount to the Airtime component of their monthly phone bill for the duration Disney+ remains active as a Standalone Extra. For clarity, the £2 discount does not apply to auto opted in customers. Clause 11 also applies to customers who are auto opted in to Disney+ following the Partner Extra Period.

11. You will be auto opted in to the Partner Extra following the end of the Partner Extra Period at which point you will be charged the applicable Standalone Extra Charge and will be considered a Standalone Extra customer. The Standalone Extra Billing Period for auto opted in customers will commence on the date you are auto opted in and will reoccur monthly. Charges will appear in customers’ O2 bill and the account holder will be responsible for payment. You will receive notification(s) advising you your Partner Extra Period is coming to conclusion. You can opt out of the Partner Extra at any point before the expiration of your Partner Extra Period through your MyO2 account or by contacting O2 Customer Service on 202.

So has this changed from previously? Any further advice on what I can do here?

I'm very annoyed by this as I wouldn't have bothered to continue with Disney+ through O2 otherwise and would have gone for a direct sub. My contract is also coming up for renewal in July and I'm currently being offered better upgrades elsewhere.

Appreciate all the help so far MI5 slight_smile

Message 7 of 10

MI5
  • 144313 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions

@Optimus 

Yes, it changed when Disney put their prices up.

You need to opt out and then add it as a standalone extra to get the discount, but it's available at the discounted rate to any O2 customer.

Currently using:
Message 8 of 10

Optimus
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Ok stuck between a rock and a hard place then. At the moment I'm getting Disney+ for the lower price of £5.99 (as came off the 6-months free period in early Feb) so if I cancel now and re-instate afterwards I'll be paying £7.99 only to get the £2 off so pretty much the same deal.

Guess I'll wait until the price is generally due to rise for all customers in August and then quit this extra and sub direct.

Thanks again for the help MI5!

Message 9 of 10

MI5
  • 144313 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions

Sounds like a plan @Optimus and you're welcome slight_smile

Currently using:
Message 10 of 10