cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disgraceful O2 attitude when trying to return a phone under warranty

Anonymous
Not applicable

I purchased an Experia GO as a present for my partner at Christmas (PAYGO)

5 months later it developed a fault. We took it to the local o2 store after being advised to do so by the o2 online team. The phone was clearly uder warranty, he simply scanned the phone and did not require any proff of purchase Etc. The phone was sent off and a week or so later we went in to pick it up.

The guy told us that the phone could not be repaired and that they had replaced it with a newer and superior model. The phone was bigger than my girlfriend wanted but took the phone to try. It was only when we got the phone home that we realised that this the Xperia J was not a superior model at all or even an equivalent model. The GO was dual core, 8GB and was twice as fast downloading amonst other things.

The J is single core, 4GB and half the download speed of the GO.

Also for some unknown reason we could not encryt the J phone as we had with the GO. This is a must as work protocols demand it if using for company emails.

The phone was clearly no use so I called the o2 store.

I simply told him of the problems and advised that I would like a replacement GO phone, a phone or same or better specifications, a refund or to be able to pay extra top the original purchase price and choose a phone which was suitable.

All of this to me seeming very reasonable.

The guy in the o2 shops response was whilst he admitted it was not on a par with the Sony GO the GO was no longer available. If I was not happy with the J phone I should sell it and come and buy another from o2. He actually suggested i went into the shop handed over the phone and he would allow me £30 off a different phone. Unbelieveable, so i buy a phone from 02, it develops a fault within the warranty period, 02 then offer you £30 for your phone. 

Obviously I told him that this was not going to happen and he suggested i contact o2 customer services, which I did (online chat as the sim card was with my girlfriend in another phone), they told me to take it back to the o2 shop and recycle it!!!!!!

I made the situation very clear. I begged for someone to call me as I did not see why i should pay for an expensive call when o2 are at fault. They refused to pass on any messages to any other o2 team. 

So here I am online. I would like for an o2 senior representative to call me on a number I will provide. If you can please contact me via my email address which is linked with this account I would be very grateful. I will email you my number and we can discuss. Failing that I can supply my email address here for you to contact me. 

If I do not receive a call so this can be resolved I will firstly go to my local o2 store and raise merry hell for want of a better expression. I will advise every potential customer entering the shop of my issue and the kind of service they are likely to receive using o2. Secondly I will have no option but to take legal advice. Please contact me ASAP as this is already causing me major stress.

regards Russ

Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Sorry but we are a communinty forum, ie customers just like yourself. The account holder will have to talk directly with CS on 4445 which is only 25p per call
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Sorry but we are a communinty forum, ie customers just like yourself. The account holder will have to talk directly with CS on 4445 which is only 25p per call
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi thanks. I had assumed that o2 reps would frequent the forums to help and advise?
We don't use an o2 sim so imagine the costs from another mobile to be very high?
Message 3 of 7

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
From a landline 0844 809 0222 5p / min

Currently using:
Message 4 of 7

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22935 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

Try one of these from a landline:

0800 0321402

0800 9777702

0800 9777027

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 5 of 7

Rycal
Level 19: Quirky
  • 435 Posts
  • 11 Topics
  • 47 Solutions

Hi Russ,

My advice to you would be to go back to the store and speak to the manager where I am sure he will be happy to help you.

I work for O2 but my comments and opinions posted here are solely my own and do not reflect those of Telefonica.

Message 6 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
O2 also advised I spoke to the manager. They said I should call them from the shop if I got nowhere. I decided to call and speak to the manager and he promptly told me I can call who I like there is no one that can make him refund or allow to change and pay for a better model. The best he would do was to send a form away saying I would not accept that phone. He would then receive a list of alternatives in three days. I am still waiting. I don't think I would ever take a phone from o2 again.
Message 7 of 7