cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discounts for retentions

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm due an early upgrade at the end of the month, I fancy the HTC One, however I don't enjoy the extremely high cost per month which I've paid for 4 years now.

I thought about a sim only contract, I only really use data. However a 1GB sim only contract is £31, when I can get the same stuff on GiffGaff (30 day rolling contract) for £10. Granted O2 does have unlimited text/mins.

If I go in to a store and tell them I want to leave, will they discount the contract I want, or is it not worth it?

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

version7point0
Level 33: Firestarter
  • 648 Posts
  • 13 Topics
  • 181 Solutions

Evening Brian.

O2 retail stores do not offer retention deals, as O2 offer a "fair deal" all prices are the same for new and existing customers.

If you are unahappy with the advertised offering by all means give customer services a call on 202 from your O2 phone and follow the options for leaving O2, that will lead you to the relevant team who can look into your request.

It's worth noting that although you could get a cracking deal with GiffGaff, you would have to pay for the HTC One upfront. 

Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

version7point0
Level 33: Firestarter
  • 648 Posts
  • 13 Topics
  • 181 Solutions

Evening Brian.

O2 retail stores do not offer retention deals, as O2 offer a "fair deal" all prices are the same for new and existing customers.

If you are unahappy with the advertised offering by all means give customer services a call on 202 from your O2 phone and follow the options for leaving O2, that will lead you to the relevant team who can look into your request.

It's worth noting that although you could get a cracking deal with GiffGaff, you would have to pay for the HTC One upfront. 

Hope this helps.

Message 2 of 4

Bambino
Level 85: Esteemed
  • 23954 Posts
  • 1045 Topics
  • 3770 Solutions

If what you're interested in is data, then for £12 per month you can get unlimited data on GiffGaff. If you want the HTC One, any contract with O2 will be expensive, and going into an O2 store will probably not get you what you're looking for.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 4

Anonymous
Not applicable
I already have an iPhone 5 so i'll probably just go over and not have massive monthly payments any more. I paid for this phone outright anyway so I can't really lose.

Cheers
Message 4 of 4