Did you mean: 

Disappointing 4G data speeds

jimboslice1603
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi,

After 12 years with Vodafone, I've moved over to O2 on what I thought was a good deal, sim only 150gb, roaming inc USA for £20. 

Must say some of the internet speeds are an issue. I'm a regular user of Chester Zoo, my Samsung S10 often displays 4G but the internet speed it totally unusable. Last weekend I was in St Helens Raven retail park and the same again, tried to check a price on Amazon and it was scrolling forever, wouldnt even complete a search. 

Went into the O2 shop in Speke, Liverpool last weekend, and the assistant was very helpful, he said they use the same masts as Vodafone, but didnt really have any explanation as to why is so bad. Some areas its fine, but at the moment, O2 is no comparison to Vodafone, which very rarely gave me any issues. 

Is there anything I can do? Or do I have to accept / pay a contract for 2yrs and consider a move back?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144600 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27728 Solutions

@jimboslice1603 

If within 14 days you can cancel for free.

Masts are shared with Voda but the backhaul isn't. 

It's probably oversubscribed in the areas you are suffering in.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 3

jimboslice1603
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for your response. 

If it is a subscription issue I'd understand it - disappointing nonetheless. Vodafone seemed to deliver on a more consistent basis, but their roaming charges are a rip off! Guess you can't have it all. 

I'll see how I get on, might have to drop it down to the cheapest and go back with my tail between my legs!

Message 3 of 3