Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Direct debit

JayL
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Really frustrated with 02. They claim my monthly bill has not been paid as it has every month via direct debit. My bank confirms DD in place, the money went out on 29th Sept but 02 claiming they didn't even request the money, so couldn't have received it,  and so therefore outstanding and threatening to charge me late fee.

Question: if 02 didn't request the money, and therefore didn't receive the money that has left my bank account, then how did my bank now how much to pay via the Direct debit that I can see leaving my account? the amount can only be determined if requested. Something seriously awry your end 02, and one of the customer service colleagues was incredibly rude to me and failed to listen.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144867 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27775 Solutions

@JayL 

If you've received a text from a mobile number telling you this It's a well known scam.
Block the number and do not follow any links.
Forward the scam text to 7726 - It's free.
Other ways to report here including Action Fraud website
https://www.o2.co.uk/help/safety-and-security/phishing-and-smishing-advice
How to block a number:
https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00062352/
https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201229

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 7

JayL
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

This is not a scam. Definitely 02 and have spoken to them twice without getting a resolution. The o/s amount is showing on my on line account too...... 

Message 3 of 7

MI5
  • 144867 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27775 Solutions

@O2Waqas 

Can you help?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 7

jonsie
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

The only way this can happen is if the direct debit has been returned unpaid to your account.

Message 5 of 7

O2Waqas
Former Staff
  • 139 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 8 Solutions

Yes certainly @MI5 thank you for the tag, 

@JayL Apologies for the inconvenience caused, i will send you a private message so we can look into this further for you

Thanks 

Waqas 

signature
Message 6 of 7

MI5
  • 144867 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27775 Solutions

Thanks @O2Waqas thumbsup

Currently using:
Message 7 of 7