Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Direct debit not set up

Gregsie
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi everyone, how long does it take for a new o2 direct debit to be set up with the bank? It's been almost a week since my order but there's no sign of DD in my Internet banking, phoned bank and they also confirm there's nothing on the system. Should it be visible online before first payment being taken or does it appear only after the first payment is processed?
Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@Gregsie I would have thought that your bank would have seen something on their system by now. Probably best to double check with customer service to make sure the request has been processed correctly. https://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

I believe @jonsie used to work in banking, so he probably knows much more than I do.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@Gregsie I would have thought that your bank would have seen something on their system by now. Probably best to double check with customer service to make sure the request has been processed correctly. https://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

I believe @jonsie used to work in banking, so he probably knows much more than I do.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 7

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122383 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions
Message 3 of 7

Gregsie
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Yeah, my thoughts exactly. Think a call to customer service will be in order tomorrow
Message 4 of 7

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

How did it go with customer services @Gregsie? Is your direct debit up and running now? 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 5 of 7

Gregsie
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi Martin, I didn't have to call CS in the end as DD appeared on my account the next day. So it could take up to 6 days for it to be set up and be visible in your Internet banking, if you place an order over the weekend.
Message 6 of 7

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Great news @Gregsie ! Glad that ones sorted. slight_smile Any further issues give us a shout. 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 7 of 7