Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Device swap advice

Pendlemac
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Just trying to get some advice on which way to go with a device swap before I spend time on the phone / chat to O2 or go to a store.

I've got a Pay Monthly account with a phone and a 'Personal Hotspot' ( 4G dongle thingy that connects to other devices via wi-fi ) on it.

Got a new wi-fi + cellular tablet and want to put that on the account and stop using the hotspot thing.

Unfortunately due to the current situation I don't have 24 / 7 access to the hotspot thing at present and believe that would cause problems with just doing a SIM swap.

Would I be better just dropping the hotspot and adding the tablet as a new item on my account?

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143435 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Pendlemac 

You can upgrade your tariff then to one of the latest tablet ones and get a 5g sim at the same time.

Just follow the upgrade path in your MyO2.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

MI5
  • 143435 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Pendlemac 

You can use the sim from your hotspot in the tablet. 

If you want to drop the hotspot, the only way would be to pay off what you owe on it.

If you can't get the sim from the dongle you can ask customer service to send you a new one to your home address.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 5

Pendlemac
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Sorry, should have made it clearer that the tablet is 5G not 4G like the dongle.

Should also have mentioned that the dongle is around 3 years old and is out of contract on the device plan and airtime plan.

Message 3 of 5

MI5
  • 143435 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Pendlemac 

You can upgrade your tariff then to one of the latest tablet ones and get a 5g sim at the same time.

Just follow the upgrade path in your MyO2.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 5

MI5
  • 143435 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

upgrade1.PNG

upgrade2.PNG

Select the "Tablets / Other devices" in your case.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 5