Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Device plan

Jessie17
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Does anyone know the different between a device plan and pay monthly?
Because I did the o2 refresh and thought I had upgraded my contact to another contact but when looking on my o2 it says device plan and airtime plan what’s the different?
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122895 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

@Jessie17 

You are on a Refresh contract which is what O2 offer at this time Guide: How does O2 Refresh work? 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 6

Jessie17
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
But will this change to a normal contact or not?
Also if I wanted to change my tariff to a new one, what would happen about the device plan?
Message 3 of 6

Cleoriff
  • 122895 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

@Jessie17 

No, once you are on Refresh you stay on that until contract end, or until you pay the device off in full.

If you read the guide in full you will see this..

Our new Custom Plans now enable you to pick your tariff and how long you want to take the phone over. You can choose the upfront payment and spread the cost over 36 months to bring the payments down or choose to pay off faster over 3 months. The tariffs are also Flexible so you can move this up and down every month to suit your data needs. Once the Device Plan is paid off you’re able to upgrade again.  All the info can be found https://www.o2.co.uk/custom-plans

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 6

jonsie
  • 93217 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6975 Solutions

You can pay off the device plan in full or when this has finished you only then pay airtime.

Message 5 of 6

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12067 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1124 Solutions
A device plan is the payment for a phone/tablet. This stays the same until you have paid the total amount.
An airtime plan is the tariff you are on - the contracted amount you pay to get some minutes, texts and data each month. This might go up if you do something to add charges (send an MMS, buy something, etc).

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 6 of 6