Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deliberate delay of unlatching code by 02

Sonny
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I want to go over to BT MOBILE after being with 02 9 years. Got a PAC code, NEVER TOLD AT THAT POINT I WILL NEED MY PHONE UNLOCKING TO PORT, received BT MOBILE sim, in the instructions told make sure phone unlocked. Rang O2 advised 72hrs unlock, after 72hrs nothing, rang again advised something went wrong and need wait further 72hrs. The 72 hrs expires Friday 5pm, advised by BT MOBILE that port will happen between 11am-3pm Thursday, so if the port goes ahead and phone isn’t unlocked I will be unable to use my phone..... as the number will be with BT MOBILE but phone still locked to 02 “terrible blagging service from 02 to make you stay with them” OFCOM needs to sort .....
Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16

Amanda
  • 19 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Sonny Any chance you have your phone unlocked?  Mine is still locked.  Was told today that the unlaching team hadn't even looked into my account!  Furthermore the only contact they have is via email and electronic forms!  No telephone number!  And I can fly!

Message 11 of 17

Sonny
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Still locked and waiting maximium 72 hrs from Saturday gone “what a joke 02 are, hence going downhill as a company/joke company .... I think if not done soon I will have no choice contact OFCOM.... 02 are intentionally stopping/stalking people to stop them porting, which is ILLEGAL ..... 11-3pm my number gets ported to BT MOBILE ... and I will loose service because unable to use the BT sim .....
Message 12 of 17

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122927 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

@EmilieTThis unlocking problem appears to be ongoing.

We had another post on this thread this morning https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Android/Phone-Unlock-code-not-working/m-p/1146225/highlight/true#M6970...

If there was a problem then surely it should be sorted by now. Getting out of hand really?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 13 of 17

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12070 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1124 Solutions
@Martin-O2 @Marjo @EmilieT any chance you can talk to someone to find out what is going on?

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 14 of 17

Amanda
  • 19 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

A big thank you to @EmilieT you are a star, thanks to you my phone is now unlocked.  

Message 15 of 17

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122927 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

Excellent news @Amanda. At long last.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 16 of 17

Amanda
  • 19 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

My goodness yes, bit of nightmare, if only o2 offered me a good deal then I would have kept my phone with them, but I don't use data phone is only used for text and phone calls, so compared to £19.00 a month for data and unlimed calls and text, I opted for £6.00 o2 couldn't match it.  But alas still an o2 customer paying for the kids phones!

Message 17 of 17