Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data

Annetts1968
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 9 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
What I would like to know is that I have 10 gb of data that I actually pay for each month to 02 and most months I do not use all my data and I would like it rolled over as I actually pay for this so officially it’s my data and O2 is taking my unusual data away from me which I have people I am not happy about the situation I’ll try to contact O2 and all I get is excuses I think my next stage is to contact Communication ombudsman I also trade and standards
Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17

Annetts1968
  • 9 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
Excuse the predictive tax
Message 2 of 18

Annetts1968
  • 9 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
Text
Message 3 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Annetts1968 No data rolls over. Your allowance renews every month. Only time data rolls over is if you buy a data bolt on if you have used it all & then that bolt on will only roll over for one month. The ombudsman won’t be interested because you haven’t made an official complaint & I see no grounds to. Also you need a letter of deadlock from O2 after 8 weeks 

Message 4 of 18

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144319 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
You agreed to the terms and conditions of the contract when you signed up. If you didn’t need 10gb why did you take that amount?
The Ombudsman won’t be interested in the slightest so don’t waste your time.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 18

Cleoriff
  • 122909 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

@Annetts1968

There are other networks which DO allow data rollover. O2 isn't one of them.

@Anonymousand @MI5 are correct. You have no case to put before the Ombudsman, Trading standards or anywhere else.

When the opportunity arises you should reduce your tariff to one which suits you better than this current one.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 18

anticpated
Level 30: Meditator
  • 3412 Posts
  • 164 Topics
  • 53 Solutions

Sky do it although I'm sure that's just a deal with them and not O2 directly.

Samsung Galaxy S10, Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Message 7 of 18

MI5
  • 144319 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions

@Annetts1968 wrote:
Excuse the predictive tax

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 8 of 18

anticpated
Level 30: Meditator
  • 3412 Posts
  • 164 Topics
  • 53 Solutions

oath coarse

Samsung Galaxy S10, Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Message 9 of 18

Annetts1968
  • 9 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
You have no idea what’s so ever. For starters the 10GB of data i have I pay separate as a bolt on separate from my tariff. I have also made a complaint directly to 02 with no joy I have now spoken with the Communication ombudsman and also put it in a email to them as requested. Am told I have a case as I pay the extra each month on on top of my tariff for the data and 02 have no right in taking that data away
Message 10 of 18