Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data

Annetts1968
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 9 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
What I would like to know is that I have 10 gb of data that I actually pay for each month to 02 and most months I do not use all my data and I would like it rolled over as I actually pay for this so officially it’s my data and O2 is taking my unusual data away from me which I have people I am not happy about the situation I’ll try to contact O2 and all I get is excuses I think my next stage is to contact Communication ombudsman I also trade and standards
Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17

Annetts1968
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 9 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
It’s a bolt on not my tariff allowance
Message 11 of 18

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144168 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
If it's a bolt on, just cancel it !
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 12 of 18

Cleoriff
  • 122814 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

@Annetts1968

It's a pity you didn't mention a bolt on in your first post.

O2 does roll over data on some tariffs ...or when they buy a bolt on..

Though it will only rollover for one month.

https://www.engadget.com/2016/02/17/o2-data-rollover/

"If you get 2GB of data with your contract and you buy an additional gig as a bolt on.. but only use half of that before the end of the month, you'll get a 2.5GB allowance the following month. It's a one-time deal, though: all data, including any that's rolled over, will expire at the end of that monthly cycle" 

Big Bundle Tariffs *PAYG

2) Data rollover: is available on £10, £15, £20, and £25 and £30 data Big Bundles only. On your monthly renewal date you can carry forward up to 100% of your standard monthly data allowance (“Roll Over Data”) into the following month’s data bundle, subject to your total data bundle (Roll Over Data + standard monthly allowance) not exceeding 200% of your standard monthly data allowance at any one time. Any data that cannot be rolled over will expire. Roll Over Data will expire immediately if you fail to renew your Big Bundle on time or if you change tariffs.

https://www.o2.co.uk/termsandconditions/mobile/big-bundles-terms-and-conditions

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 13 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable
I said about the rollover in my first post but if the OP mentioned that it is a bolt on in the first place then we may have been able to help more but even so you will still lose what you have left if it’s more than 1 month I’m afraid. Why on earth did you buy a bolt on
Message 14 of 18

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144168 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
If, it is just a bolt on it can be cancelled, so I seriously doubt that is the full story here.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 15 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

I still don’t think we are getting the whole picture here

Message 16 of 18

welshsteve76
Level 17: Luminescent
  • 1554 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

I have read all this, and agree with the others advice given.  If it's a bolt-in, just cancel it, and if you need extra data, but a smaller bolt on for less money.  Why buy 10GB if you don't use it all?  I really don't see the issue here. 

Take telephone line rental for instance. If you go a month and don't make or receive any calls, you have no case to argue for a month refund just because you decided not to use it.  You pay for the service being provided.  Whether you choose to use that service or not is not the providers problem.

Data isn't a physical thing, it's a service you pay for.  The terms and conditions are very clear and I really don't think there is a case here.  Unless, as others have said, we have not been given the whole picture.

Thanks

Steve
Message 17 of 18

jonsie
  • 93182 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

We can only answer on the information given....ours is not to reason why wink

Message 18 of 18