Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data usage

DavidP
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi.  Something has started using up all my data.  The only thing I can think of is Google Maps, which I've started using recently.  I've stopped usnig it though and all my data is still disappearing.  I topped up 500mb this morning at my desk and it's already gone.  Any ideas?

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14

DavidP
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks - I've just changed by Amazon Music settings to Data Saver from Best Available.  Maybe that will help.

I've also remembered I upgraded my Amazon Music to HD in the last month or so.  Could that be the issue when I'm not using Wifi I wonder?

Message 11 of 15

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@DavidP 

Yes of course, it would now be downloading in HD or 4K which is likely more than 4 times the amount of data.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 12 of 15

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Estimated data usage per hour for Amazon Music:
Data Saver (48-96 kbps): approximately 43MB per hour
Standard (128-160 kbps): approximately 72MB per hour
HD 330MB per hour
Ultra HD or 4K 720MB per hour.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 13 of 15

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
Bluetooth is just the connection between car and phone.
It still needs to get the content from somewhere.
Either from your device by downloading in advance or from the cloud, as I said above.

Yes ok, you carry on, I'll leave you to it. We have a car where we download music and use it in the car and never use any data at all. The link I gave for Amazon Music explains that!

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 14 of 15

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

You're welcome @DavidP thumbsup

Currently using:
Message 15 of 15