cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data not reset on billing date..

Anonymous
Not applicable
My bill was produced on the 14th jan. So my data should have reset, however it hasn't. I've now run out of internet and O2 was closed so spoke to someone on chat. The chat advisor said that id used all my data. I said that was impossible as I use wifi most of the day. He said my phone was set to shared data.. If I haven't got any other devices connected to my mobile how is that possible? Has anyone else had a similar problem?
Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144435 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

I have the same issue..i have 2Gb of data...Mt account online shows i have not used any data ..... i unfortunately went to Live Chat ..  what i cannot understand is why O2 would allow such bad service... they did not have a clue about my problem and told me to wait 24/48 hours and it will be corrected!   guess what ... it is still the same NO DATA ... they  even gave me 500 mb of data...guess what... it shows added online ... but i have still have no data.

How did you get it sorted?

thanks 

Do you mean your phone won't connect to data?

Or some other problem?

What phone is it and what happened for it to stop?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 11 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable
@Anonymous you state that myo2 states you have not used data but you cannot connect.

There is a known issue about data not updating and the post above from rosadosc (who is o2 staff posting in a personal capacity) clearly advises to call 202 to resolve.

We do not recommend Live Chat on here for account based queries. Please follow the advice given.
Message 12 of 17

jonsie
  • 93250 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6980 Solutions

Live chat? Standard answer is that it's sorted and all will be ok in 48 hours....and there is a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow:smileywink:

Message 13 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable
I spoke to chat and they sounded like they didnt have a clue either. I was persistent and asks them to explain to me how I could have used 2gb of data iness then 24hrs. It's impossible when your phones connected to wifi most of the day. He had a look and realised it was a problem with a setting on my account to do with shared data. Apparantley this isn't re setting like normal, so he changed my setting to normal data and said to reset the phone after midnight as it doesn't kick in till next day. All was ok after that. I did call CS tho and double check that all my settings were as they should be and he said it was fine and that when I upgraded they may have made a mistake with the setting in store.
Message 14 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable
Facebook auto play is switched off already. But thanks for that. Was a he real problem with data not resetting
Message 15 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable
Chat changed the setting on my account from shared data to normal data and all is ok now
Message 16 of 17

jonsie
  • 93250 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6980 Solutions
Message 17 of 17