cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data extensions on an O2 Unlimited Contract

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi -

I would like to complain about my O2 Unlimited contract.

A few days ago, I received a text telling me that I'm getting close to using all UK data allowance and that when i've used it I would get a slower data speed.  Then the next day, another saying I'd used it all and taht on the 2nd September it would be reset but should I want to buy more get in touch.

Given I'd bought an 'O2 unlimited' contract I was both suprised and dismayed to hear this.  If it's Unlimited, then why is there a 1GB limit? 

So I get in touch with O2, and ask if there is a better tarriff for me to switch to.  Apparently there isn't so I've had to go with paying £5 extra for the 2GB per month.  When checking my mails this morning I realised that there must be a problem because I was unable to connect to anything.  So again I ring O2, and find out that the 2GB won't be enabled until the start of the next month.   And if I do want to enable it now, then I've got to buy a one off 1GB for £10!!!!!

So I feel I've been misled by O2 on two occasions.

1.  the contract is O2 Unlimited ..... yet it is LIMITED! Given I work in IT and use the phone a lot ... I feel I've been missold a contract that isn't fit for my requirement

2.  the additional 2GB I've paid for won't be available until next month when I need it now!  This was not explained to me by customer service.

This type of service is exactly the reason why I would like to terminate my contract with O2.  But can I ?  No it seems I can't without paying an early termination fee. 

Will I be recommending O2 in future?  No.

Will I be renewing my contract with them?  No.

thanks a lot!

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

O2 have not done unlimited data for several years now the data portion of tariffs has either been 500mb 750mb 1gb and now 2gb the unlimited would have been calls and uk sms.

All clearly explained in myo2 or your original contract.

When did you start this tariff and what is its exact name?

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

O2 have not done unlimited data for several years now the data portion of tariffs has either been 500mb 750mb 1gb and now 2gb the unlimited would have been calls and uk sms.

All clearly explained in myo2 or your original contract.

When did you start this tariff and what is its exact name?

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 2 of 4

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93236 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6978 Solutions

O2 unlimited does not relate to data but to texts and calls. There has been no unlimited data plans for a couple of years and each tariff is broken down on the website. I think you misunderstood the terms you signed up to.

Message 3 of 4

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

This type of service is exactly the reason why I would like to terminate my contract with O2.  But can I ?  No it seems I can't without paying an early termination fee. 

Mobile contracts aren't the easiest things around but they are right in that O2 haven't done unlimited data for years and this is clearly marked in the contract details and on this web site.

No you cannot just unilaterally terminate it because you didn't check out what was included when you took it out.

There was also a period when you could have cancelled but that's usually only 7 working days.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 4 of 4