cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data drop

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just done a refresh for a new phone, and had 8GB worth of data on my last contract / bolt-on. Moved to new phone and I'm down to 500MB. A kick in the teeth to say the least. I've got 500 free mins to any other provider, and 500 free mins O2 to O2, with unlimited texts.

Is there anyway I could exchange some of these to regain at least some of the data coverage back? I'd be lucky if I use 100 texts a month, and calling could reduce both those options by a minimum of half.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
You can change your tariff to increase your data but you can't exchange it for calls or texts.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 5

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122810 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

It seems a bit weird that you signed up to a new contract with such a reduction in data? (as your old one had 8gb) Smiley Surprised

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 5

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
We're your new allowances not explained to you?
500mb With 500 mins and 500 mins (other networks) seems very low to me.
Message 4 of 5

gindygoo
Level 25: Hard Hitter
  • 1340 Posts
  • 59 Topics
  • 27 Solutions
Surely they told you the details of your new contract? Anyway you've got a 14 day cooling off period so you could return the new phone and cancel the contract, then start again but get the actual package you want. Or as above upgrade your package.
Message 5 of 5