Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Sharing

vix2000
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I haven't posted before, but I am a little annoyed at O2s sharing policy which is absolutely rubbish.  I have a longstanding O2 monthly contract and want to share my data. Having just spoken to 202 I have been told I would have to cancel my contract and start a new one.  How ridiculous is that? I already have an O2 contract.  I have no problem with O2 and would have stayed with them for years, but this will mean a definite loss of a customer when my contract has ended. 

Message 1 of 15
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144308 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions

@vix2000 

Yes, it has to be a refresh contract which can only be obtained from O2 directly.

If you bought from anywhere else,, it won't qualify, but if it is a refresh contract, it automatically becomes the lead devce.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 15
14 REPLIES 14

MI5
  • 144308 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions

@vix2000 

Help and info here https://www.o2.co.uk/sharer-plans

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 15

vix2000
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you for the link, I have already read everything there is online about O2 sharing. It says:-

"To get a sharer plan, you’ll need a phone or tablet on an O2 Refresh tariff with 1GB or more of data. This will be your lead device. It doesn’t have to be on a new contract – go to My O2 or come and see us in store to share your current data allowance."

However it appears it does have to be on a new contract so this is slightly misleading. Also when I asked in store I was told that I could transfer my contract to a refresh tariff but they didn't seem very knowledgeable.

Message 3 of 15

MI5
  • 144308 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions

@vix2000 

Yes, it has to be a refresh contract which can only be obtained from O2 directly.

If you bought from anywhere else,, it won't qualify, but if it is a refresh contract, it automatically becomes the lead devce.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 15

Lollowday
  • 5 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I’m desperately trying to figure out how to share my data with another family members device. I upgraded my phone to an o2 refresh tariff yesterday but I can’t get through to anyone on the phone about how to enable sharing my data with another device I pay for monthly. It’s really frustrating!
Message 5 of 15

MI5
  • 144308 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions

@Lollowday 

https://www.o2.co.uk/sharer-plans

Currently using:
Message 6 of 15

Lollowday
  • 5 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I’ve done that already but it doesn’t come up with the option to choose a lead device of share my data 🥺 it says you have to phone to make it a shareable plan but every time I ring I get cut off with them saying they can’t take the call...
Message 7 of 15

MI5
  • 144308 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions

Yes you will need to call if you;re not on a share plan already.

Currently using:
Message 8 of 15

hessey50
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I have three phones on refresh tariffs and it says there should be a link to activate sharing I have loads spare on one phone and am having to buy addons on one of the others the site info seems simply to be incorrect
Message 9 of 15

MI5
  • 144308 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions

@hessey50 

All phones need to be on a sharer plan https://www.o2.co.uk/sharer-plans

Currently using:
Message 10 of 15