Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Refresh and Parental Settings

NadiaPH
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I am on a monthly pay with O2 and my husband and 2 children are in my family plan

We are all Iphone users and love having the Family share functionality with parental controls for our children

What happens on the day our data gets refreshed (we have SIM plan only), their parental controls under Screen time get wiped out and reset to FULL access and I don't seem to be able to adjust through Family share again. It is still there but I cannot control anymore from my phone

You can imagine a teenager's joy when he gets full access on his phone and can go crazy! 

Contacted Apple straight away and they cannot see faults so thought to check with O2 because this has been happening a lot on the same day of data refresh

O2 have now put a Parental block on the children's phones which however does not protect them as I want because their settings are well down below 18

Anyone is having same issue?

Many thanks

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Marjo @Martin-O2 

Could you get this looked at please?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 3

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Thanks for the mention on this one @MI5

@NadiaPH I can get someone to look into this for you. I'll need some more details so I'll drop you a quick message. wink

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 3 of 3