Did you mean: 

Data: Less than Normal

Shanno
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi,

I hope someone can help, I’m not sure if anyone else has had this issue, bought a contact Jan 19 with 30GB of data, had absolutely no issues, get a text this morning saying I’ve used all 10GB of data and to purchase more if I need to, this obviously isn’t right as I’ve previously used 17-22GB of data per month when I’ve looked through my useage, I can’t get in touch with anyone, so hoping someone can help me out on here.

Thanks,
Shannon
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144516 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27711 Solutions

@Shanno 

Your not the first to report this today so we assume it's another system glitch.

It might be a bolt on, but probaly not Guide: Where is my discount or Extra Data? 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 7

O2Sean
O2 Support
O2 Support
  • 148 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 10 Solutions

Hi Shannon,

How are you measuring your data usage? is it via the MyO2 app or via that data limit setting on your device? Check the MyO2 app where you can view/change your tariff. If its actually an issue/error You will struggle to get through to anyone from customer services so may be a case of upping your data temporarily and dealing with the issue/extra cost once things start to normalise again. 

signature
Message 3 of 7

Shanno
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi Sean,

I normally monitor through the app, I always get a message each month saying I’m 80% through my inclusive data, and I usually get a message saying I’ve used up all my inclusive data ‘but don’t worry you’ve still got some data left over from the last time you topped up’ when I’ve used 10GB and can normally carry on using my data until by bill arises which is normally between 17-22GB, even though I’ve never topped up and I purchased an 30GB data plan - but this time I’ve received both those messages and my data is no longer working and the remaining 20GB isn’t appearing on my app anymore.

Thanks,
Shannon
Message 4 of 7

O2Sean
  • 148 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 10 Solutions

Hi @Shanno ,

Did you get the sim card/ change your tariff within the last 3 months? Its possible that you had a triple data deal for 3 months. We run them from time to time. We have a current offer running now.

O2 currently has an offer on their £10 & £15 Big bundle that gives you 5x the data. Its eligible for new and existing customers. 

Get 5x data for up to 3 months on our selected Big Bundles, then reverts to standard data allowance. Offer will be applied automatically for first-time customers. Existing customers with an eligible Big Bundle must text “5XDATA” to 2424 from their O2 Pay As You Go phone to activate the offer. 

Change to this and it should resolve your issues for another 3 months.

signature
Message 5 of 7

Shanno
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
No I brought the phone/contract in Jan 2019 and haven’t updated or changed my tariff at all so I’m not sure why it’s suddenly stopped working?
Message 6 of 7

O2Sean
  • 148 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 10 Solutions

Hi @Shanno ,

That is strange. It would appear that this is an error. . All contracts taken via O2 are on flexible tariffs which means you can up your tariff for a few months if needs be then lower it again when things get back to normal . This can be done via the My o2 app. Once things have normalised again with customer services you can chase them up for any extra costs incurred during this time. 

Its not perfect but it will be your best solution to get back online. 

signature
Message 7 of 7