Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Connection Not Picking Back Up

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Brand new to o2 this week.

Got an LG G3 with Unlim,Unlim, 5GB 4G

Noticed twice now that If I go to an area where I totally loose signal and then drive to a place where I start getting a signal back my data connection never automatically comes back on allbeit I may now have 3 or 4 bars signal.

I have had to on both occasions pull over turn on Airplane mode and the Airplane mode off and then data comes back on ?

I would appreciate any thoughts or advice.

Many thanks

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144336 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
If the sim is new I would suspect a phone fault - As it's a new contract I would get it swapped asap whilst you are still entitled to a new phone and not a repair.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
Sometimes its just certain hotspots it happens, I get that with a new spots where I live but if you are really worried you can get a new SIM card and see if that resolves it
Message 2 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

It can depend on network strength I believe.

Or as a process of elimination try your SIM card in another phone to see if this still happens. O2 stores supply free sim adapters so a sim can fit in other phones.

Message 3 of 6

MI5
  • 144336 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
If the sim is new I would suspect a phone fault - As it's a new contract I would get it swapped asap whilst you are still entitled to a new phone and not a repair.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 6

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23071 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3675 Solutions

A brand new phone should be fault free. If you are seeing problems so soon after getting it, follow MI5's advice and ask for a new phone immediately. You are within the time frame to do so, and have every right to have one. Do not let anyone try to fob you off with sending it for repair.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 5 of 6

jonsie
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

I agree, time spent changing sim card is time wasted. Insist on a new phone.

Message 6 of 6