cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DON'T BUY IPHONE5 FROM O2 !!!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yesterday, i processed an upgrade to an iphone and subsequently made a deposit payment and accepted a 24 month contract.

There was no indication of how i would receive this iphone5. Within 2 hours of my order, i received an email from 02 to say that it would be delivered the next day within 8.30 and 12.30. Stayed in all morning - nothing!!

Phoned O2 at 1pm, to be told "wait a little longer"

Phoned O2 at 2pm, to be told "our text may say that but it means 8.30 to 6pm"

Phoned O2 at 5pm, to be told "your parcel has been returned to depot but they won't give a reason" she said she will keep ringing to get an answer and call me back.

No phone call as promised, so i rang O2 at 7pm, to be told the parcel has been returned BUT UK Mail cannot give a reason.

As i was promised the iphone5 today, i have now cancelled the order and have to wait until Friday before i get a refund!!

Please don't buy phones pver the internet!!!

Message 1 of 49
48 REPLIES 48

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Steersy,

I will continue to complain with O2, as my contract is with O2 not UK Mail.

I came on this forum to warn people of purchasing phones over the internet, that if you are going to buy a phone PLEASE go to your nearest store.

As a conclusion, i cannot go to my nearest store as the order cannot be cancelled until the phone is returned on Friday. That's the frustrating thing of all.

Looking through this forum, there are many complaints about O2's customer service. 

Message 31 of 49

Anonymous
Not applicable

Do the maths. 21 million customers against how many unhappy customers?

I feel it only fair that you put your company name on here if you are going to tell other people to avoid O2. 

See my point yet.

Message 32 of 49

Anonymous
Not applicable

Its not O2's fault its UK Mail thats the problem, i also had this when ordering over the internet i ordered a samsung galaxy s2 for next day delivery, all emails etc were received on time, was informed that my phone was on its way....it was until UK Mail got it! day it was due received a text from UK Mail telling me there's a problem ring so and so, i did and was kept waiting nearly 10 mins to be told we've sent it to wrong depot! will be with you tomorrow, tomorrow came and nearly went! only because i got someone finally that was willing to help did it arrive with 2 mins to go!

O2 were very helpful and seeing as O2 sent the phone out on time they cant be held responsible for the shoddy way UK Mail work! I've always done my ordering from O2 on the net and never had a problem its usually the delivery people that cause the bleep up slight_smile

Message 33 of 49

Anonymous
Not applicable

@mena58

Thank you.

Message 34 of 49

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93262 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

Nice to see someone who understands where the fault really lies.:smileyhappy:

Message 35 of 49

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have been thinking about this for the last 24 hours. 

I would like to apologise to the OP if he felt I was or anybody else was being negative towards him but........

Anybody in business knows that using a thrid party can result in delays that you have no control over. You was given a tracking number for the parcel and yet chose not to use it. Had you done so you would have seen that UK mail had said they had tried to deliver it and could have dealt with them. 

You decided to cancel your contract and as you have said you had to wait for the delivery before sending back which I assume you recieved on Friday anyway (48 hours after the order).

You then chose to come on and throw around law which as has been proved was incorrect and very naive. You also thought it ok to criticise a company that has reportedly 21 million users and use a 0.01 percent grievance as your argument. 

Not one poster has agreed with you and as I have posted already give us your company name, post it on here so we can judge you. 

I may well get criticised for this post but we are all customers of O2 on here and I feel your whole post was fake and aimed at slinging mud because you did not get your own way. 

I beg you to PM your company name so I can make sure I do not do any business with you as your views/ethics are not in line with most people I chose to do business with. 

I truly hope you find a phone company or any company that fits in with your trivial way of looking at things.

Message 36 of 49

Anonymous
Not applicable
This has made me laugh. So let's settle things with facts.

O2 I doubt would have promised delivery next day unless payment was made for day before noon at £5.99 an covered in terms they still can not guaranty it.

Standard process is they quote 48hrs if hands are in stock.
All iPhones are SENT from the CPW.

No contract laws have been broken by o2, they get the information from UK mails courier with estimated time an you are texed with approximate time. This is done as a service to help the customers.

Once the parcel has been dispatched it is out of their hands but they still hold a moral obligation as part of the service.

If you had lost out on monies waiting then o2 would have a moral responsibility to compensate you however, can you imagine the amount of us as consumers making storys up? It's understandable when a CSA is questioned and basically moaned at they are automatically on the back foot?

There is not much the agent can do and if someone "balls" at them, then they will not help.

We have all had problems with couriers at one point and they do seem to get away with it as people like yourself target the company that's sent it. We all have been frustrated in these times but to state contract laws and consumer acts makes you look a little nieve

I understand your complaint is ordering online and the promise which I am doubting this due to being an online order with them famous words "your phone should be with you on the ******"

It seems you've came on here to have a pop at o2, who by the way have the best service over the past 4 years, they are in no way shape or form perfect but the best by miles a . Try network 3 or vodas.

My advice for anyone whos got a problem. Be nice and you'll get the help you need.
Message 37 of 49

Anonymous
Not applicable
Picked up a new phone from O2 online, had everthing explained to me, delivery 3-5 days, , got a text, a text an email, tracking ref, got phone 1 hour outside the times given, I though it was really good.
I run my own buisness, labour, customers, sickness, bad days, you get somebody to promise anything, you would be lucky, and as pointed out, unlikely.
You dont run a buisness unless it is a large buisness, supply the materials, the labour the delivery customer services, without employing other memebers of the public, for more than a better word, without a disaster or problems happening, thats life 0.01 is a pretty good figure, and compared to many others, probably the OP very good customer service, just be thank full you dont have customers like you.

Message 38 of 49

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
There is not much the agent can do and if someone "balls" at them, then they will not help.

Please do not try this! Smiley LOLSmiley LOL

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 39 of 49

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have been with 02 for about 15 years, for every mobile I've had. Most of my new mobiles were purchased online and have always received my phone the next day. Never had any problems. I would recommend 02 to anyone as you get a great signal for starters which you don't get with a lot of other companies. First class service if you wrote to them through Customer Support. So keep buying from 02 is my answer.
Message 40 of 49