Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer treatment

Kayleigh1
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Why has O2 decided to charge me the same amount of money for calls, texts and data now that my phone has been paid off after 2 years? Not only this but they have scrapped my 10GB of data forcing me to pay extra money monthly for data. Very poor service for a customer who has been loyal for over 2 years now!!
Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144183 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions

@Kayleigh1 

I suspect you took your contract from somewhere like Carphone warehouse which means that you are on a standard fixed contract.

After 2 years, any bonus data would also end. 

If you are happy with your phone, you now need to "upgrade" to a SIM only plan, which means you will pay much less for more data and allowances. 

https://www.o2.co.uk/shop/sim-cards/sim-only-deals#deviceType=phone&contractLength=P12M

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144183 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions

@Kayleigh1 

I suspect you took your contract from somewhere like Carphone warehouse which means that you are on a standard fixed contract.

After 2 years, any bonus data would also end. 

If you are happy with your phone, you now need to "upgrade" to a SIM only plan, which means you will pay much less for more data and allowances. 

https://www.o2.co.uk/shop/sim-cards/sim-only-deals#deviceType=phone&contractLength=P12M

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 3

TallTrees
Level 49: Rootin' Tootin' 
  • 10765 Posts
  • 120 Topics
  • 347 Solutions
Hi @Kayleigh1
Great advice from community member MI5
If you were with o2 directly things could have been different. Phone o2 customer services best time 08.00 or 08.30 am they have more time then, ask them to get you a great deal for sim only😁 I am sure they will be very happy to give you advice to suit your needs.
Welcome to the o2 community forum GOOD LUCK and let us know that you have a great deal for you.🌞👍

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 3 of 3