Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Current tariff

GTleeds
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

My contract expired in July 2023 is this the best tariff I can have ?

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149104 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28466 Solutions

@GTleeds 

Probably not.

Upgrade to a sim only via uswitch https://www.uswitch.com/mobiles/compare/sim_only_deals/

Choose the deal you want
This will automatically redirect you to the O2 website
Just follow the prompts and choose the UPGRADE option
Complete the deal and nothing on your account changes except the tariff at the new cheaper cost
Payment date is the same and your next bill will be cat a cheaper rate and will be made up of the pro rata cost of your old tariff and your new tariff
The change should show in My O2 within 24 hours
Volt benefits will still apply as will possibly a 3 month extra such as Disney+ or Amazon etc

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 12

Enlli
Level 67: Unsung hero
  • 7844 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 1644 Solutions

If your contract has expired you can choose any tariff that suits you.

Are you looking at SIM only or wanting a new handset.

Some good deals here

https://www.uswitch.com/mobiles/compare/sim_only_deals/?inset-cookie-banner&utm_accountid=5303720174...

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 3 of 12

jonsie
  • 93938 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 7017 Solutions
Message 4 of 12

Dino1968
Level 4: Observant
  • 82 Posts
  • 18 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Follow the advise given here ) get onto Uswitch. I was out of contract and just found a great deal 10 quid a month 40gigs  through uswitch. Took less than 20 mins for it to be applied to my account and saving a lot of money now for the next year and getting much more for my money than before.

Message 5 of 12

Dino1968
  • 82 Posts
  • 18 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I got this and other errors but for some reason it worked when I switched from firefox browser to Edge ... maybe a caching issue im not sure - it was oopsie pages for me all morning until I switched browsers then got through no problems. good luck.

Message 6 of 12

Cleoriff
  • 125806 Posts
  • 829 Topics
  • 7549 Solutions

@Dino1968 wrote:

Follow the advise given here ) get onto Uswitch. I was out of contract and just found a great deal 10 quid a month 40gigs  through uswitch. Took less than 20 mins for it to be applied to my account and saving a lot of money now for the next year and getting much more for my money than before.

There you go @GTleeds. Straight from our member @Dino1968 who managed to sort their upgrade with USwitch today and got a great deal.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 12

Cleoriff
  • 125806 Posts
  • 829 Topics
  • 7549 Solutions

@Dino1968 wrote:

I got this and other errors but for some reason it worked when I switched from firefox browser to Edge ... maybe a caching issue im not sure - it was oopsie pages for me all morning until I switched browsers then got through no problems. good luck.

Just tried now with Firefox (on PC) @Dino1968 and got straight through.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 8 of 12

jonsie
  • 93938 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 7017 Solutions

@Dino1968 wrote:

I reckon you have it spot on @Dino1968 

Strangely enough I changed from Edge to Firefox and that worked for me

Really glad you got your contract sorted out though, hate giving advice that maybe turns out incorrect

Message 9 of 12

Dino1968
  • 82 Posts
  • 18 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Yeah it might just have been me - or a glitch. But all seems to be working again in FF. cheers.

Message 10 of 12