Did you mean: 

Current Contract Question - Number Move

SL5K
Level 1: Joiner
  • 8 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello,

I ordered an iphone recently and I wished to exchange it for a different model, when I rang today they said on the phone that due to the difference in the normal vs pro model that it could not be an exchange and that I would need to return the current device and then once the account was marked as eligible for the upgrade again, I could put in an order for the pro version *OR* as a plan B I could take out a new contract today and get the phone asap, send off the device when I get the return bag and then tomorrow when the new device arrives, I can ring up and ask them to switch my main mobile number to the new contract.

I asked them in regards to my having a contract the the iphone on the old contract, if switching the number would leave me with a massive disconnection bill, and they assured me it would be totally fine and there would be no charge.

If anyone has any knowledge of this chime in and let me know if that is correct, it might be because its within the 14 days of me setting up the old contract? I just wouldn't like to move the number to the new contract and get saddled with the 24/36 month disconnection fee

Cheers

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144344 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27671 Solutions

@SL5K 

As long as you are within the 14 day change of mind period you will not have to pay the entire contract off.

Anything outside of 14 days and you will have to.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
  • 144344 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27671 Solutions

@SL5K 

As long as you are within the 14 day change of mind period you will not have to pay the entire contract off.

Anything outside of 14 days and you will have to.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 4

SL5K
Level 1: Joiner
  • 8 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Aaah amazing, thank you so much @MI5 - have a great day

Message 3 of 4

MI5
  • 144344 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27671 Solutions

You too mate slight_smile

Currently using:
Message 4 of 4