Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crown communication scam

fuddsi
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

My wife and I had been with 3 for the last 20 years. She was contacted by Crown Communications saying they were now part of O2. We were offered a new deal of £22 Per month for each phone however our 1st bill was for £73.80. We have now found out this is a business contract, we have no access to the O2 app proper, cannot access any billing information. Have been in touch with Crown communications who say they are waiting on 3rd party information. They promise to ring back and don't. Nothing seems to be moving forward. Can anyone help?

Message 1 of 25
24 REPLIES 24

madasaf1sh
Level 77: Grand Master
  • 11260 Posts
  • 62 Topics
  • 3153 Solutions

A lot of these business partners dont touch consumers with a barge pole, but to be honest I have never heard of most of them... 

Maybe an emails to the Guy at O2, if he is still there from someone...

But you can find all the ownership details here : https://www.linkedin.com/company/crown-communication/about/

All the o2 partners are here, https://www.o2.co.uk/business/contact-us/partners#2

--
iPhone 15 Pro Max - o2 and Spusu
Xperia 1V - Spusu

--
This is not customer services and we dont have access to your account
I do not work for o2 or any VMo2 /Telefonica/Liberty Global Company
Message 11 of 25

Oxonian
Level 33: Firestarter
  • 8900 Posts
  • 200 Topics
  • 26 Solutions

You could try interesting your local trading standards' team in this @fuddsi. They probably won't pursue it for you, but it has got to be worth a 'phone call ! 👍   

Message 12 of 25

japitts
Level 7: Part Timer
  • 192 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

@Enlli wrote:

@Cleoriff Not sure the 14 days applies to Business Contracts

14days statutory "change of mind" applies to any business-to-consumer sale, just not any business-to-business

Message 13 of 25

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 125579 Posts
  • 829 Topics
  • 7546 Solutions

@japitts wrote:

@Enlli wrote:

@Cleoriff Not sure the 14 days applies to Business Contracts

14days statutory "change of mind" applies to any business-to-consumer sale, just not any business-to-business

Yes.

Annoyingly @fuddsi was on a consumer contract and was 'conned' to taking out a business contract. Even  though they aren't running a business @japitts .

Some unscrupulous people about!

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 14 of 25

Bambino
Level 85: Esteemed
  • 23901 Posts
  • 1042 Topics
  • 3769 Solutions

I'd like to know how unscrupulous companies like this one and Aerial Direct are allowed to put these people on business contracts when they don't run a business? If you're registered as a business you have to have a VAT number. If they don't have that number, how can they take a business contract for a mobile phone? Can someone who's knowledgeable about this please explain it?

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 15 of 25

MI5
  • 148695 Posts
  • 640 Topics
  • 28438 Solutions

Not all "businesses" need to be vat registered.

https://www.gov.uk/set-up-sole-trader

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 16 of 25

Cleoriff
  • 125579 Posts
  • 829 Topics
  • 7546 Solutions

I've just checked that list of O2's Business Partners (Given by @madasaf1sh) and note Aerial Direct is no longer on the list.

So Crown Communications (and Airtime Solutions) have probably replaced Aerial in conning people to take out a business contract!!

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 17 of 25

Enlli
Level 67: Unsung hero
  • 7764 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 1641 Solutions

Aerial still advertising themselves as O2's largest direct partner

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 18 of 25

Cleoriff
  • 125579 Posts
  • 829 Topics
  • 7546 Solutions

@Enlli wrote:

Aerial still advertising themselves as O2's largest direct partner

@EnlliAre they? I cant see them at all on the list @madasaf1sh linked to?

PS Found them. On the list @pgn gave!

https://www.o2.co.uk/business/contact-us/partners#1 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 19 of 25

pgn
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 38186 Posts
  • 240 Topics
  • 1729 Solutions

There are different grades and types of partner, selected using the blue links up at the top of the page:

pgn_0-1714554473884.png

Aerial Direct appear on the Direct Partners list.  Many types of partner, many levels in each type - meh!

Message 20 of 25