Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crown communication scam

fuddsi
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

My wife and I had been with 3 for the last 20 years. She was contacted by Crown Communications saying they were now part of O2. We were offered a new deal of £22 Per month for each phone however our 1st bill was for £73.80. We have now found out this is a business contract, we have no access to the O2 app proper, cannot access any billing information. Have been in touch with Crown communications who say they are waiting on 3rd party information. They promise to ring back and don't. Nothing seems to be moving forward. Can anyone help?

Message 1 of 25
24 REPLIES 24

Bambino
Level 85: Esteemed
  • 24063 Posts
  • 1049 Topics
  • 3777 Solutions

Lowlife companies conning people into contracts they neither want nor need. I'm sure the OP of this thread and his wife made the classic mistake of buying into a cold call and will now, unfortunately, be stuck with  long-term contracts that will be difficult to get out of, if that's even possible. Having reread the original post, it sounds as if they are long past the 14 day initial period.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 21 of 25

madasaf1sh
Level 77: Grand Master
  • 11633 Posts
  • 64 Topics
  • 3164 Solutions

They all don't go after consumers, a lot of them only deal with SMB's and trust me they make a lot more money out of the business customers that arent big enough to go Enterprise, than out of consumers., this is because they sell a one stop shop for a businesses comms needs so you get a Account Manager, Broadband, Mobile, and usually IT Support in one place.. 

There are rotten eggs such as Aerial Direct and Crown by the sounds of it, but that is the same in any industry... 

--
iPhone 16 Pro Max - o2 and Spusu
Xperia 1V - Spusu

--
This is not customer services and we dont have access to your account
I do not work for o2 or any VMo2 /Telefonica/Liberty Global Company
Message 22 of 25

Bambino
  • 24063 Posts
  • 1049 Topics
  • 3777 Solutions

@madasaf1sh That's cold comfort to the OP who is now in a long term contract paying more than 3 times the amount per month than he was told he would be paying.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 23 of 25

madasaf1sh
Level 77: Grand Master
  • 11633 Posts
  • 64 Topics
  • 3164 Solutions

@Bambino 

In all fairness, if it sounds to good to be true then it usually is, and how many times do people have to be told never accept an offer on a cold call... 

Sorry if it sounds heartless, but a lot of these things could be sorted if people just put the phone down on these companies, or anyone who cold calls you. 

--
iPhone 16 Pro Max - o2 and Spusu
Xperia 1V - Spusu

--
This is not customer services and we dont have access to your account
I do not work for o2 or any VMo2 /Telefonica/Liberty Global Company
Message 24 of 25

Bambino
  • 24063 Posts
  • 1049 Topics
  • 3777 Solutions

I agree, @madasaf1sh, and after all this time people should be aware of the pitfalls, but there are still many who don't and they fall into the trap. That's what the scammers and lowlife companies rely on. It will most likely never end.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 25 of 25